Mazda 2 Clutch noise

springer

:
Mazda 2 1.3
Hello, fellow Mazda owners, I have a 2008 Mazda 2 1.3, I have had it for two years, and have finally decided to query an issue I've had for about the last year and a half, because my mechanic along with two other mechanics tell me that is just a "characteristic" of the car, but I am not buying it. The issue I have noticed for a long time now, is this incredibly annoying sound coming from the clutch, when ever I drop a gear, or even going up a gear in some cases, the clutch makes s a sort of squeaking or squealing noise that seems to come from the clutch whenever it is released, and I am just assuming it is coming from the clutch because that is the only thing that can make the car jerk, while driving, as in if it's released to quickly, I've read other threads and I am aware that a lot of people find it takes quite a lot of getting used to the 2's questionable clutch. I am sick of this noise though, and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this noise coming from their 2, because I have a co-worker with the exact same year of Mazda 2, and she as well has noticed the noise from time to time.

So to sum up, quite often; when the clutch is released, too quickly, and let's just say it's not the most forgiving clutch in the world, the car jerks, slightly, making this very annoying squeaking noise, usually when dropping down a gear. The car can even jerk so discreetly, that you wouldn't feel it but you'll still hear the squeaking noise.

I am and the end of my tether with this car and plan on getting rid of it soon, if I cannot find a way to resolve this issue.

Thanks for reading, Andrew.

We used to hear that all the time in the upgraded act clutches with organic discs. It is something in the clutch compound which would make the sound. We never had any longevity problems with them and the noise.

-Derrick

Back