Turn over, no start. Replaced fuel pump and relay already

My car randomly died while at a stop light. First thing I thought to check was the fuel pump, as i did not hear it when I opened the tank and turned the key to ON. I replaced the fuel pump, and now finally the relay. Still no start.
Here's the weird thing: i took pieces of wire and connected the spots where the relay plug in, and I hear the fuel pump running. Not for a few seconds, but constantly until i take the key out. But with the relay in, i don't hear it at all. Not even for a couple seconds. And it still doesn't start.

Rpm's stay at 0 when cranking. Doubt the starter because it randomly died for one, and i replaced it not long ago for two. I realized like a dummy today I should have checked the coil packs, so I'll look up how to do that when I get the car towed home this evening. But I don't think it's that by the sudden way it stopped working. No boom, nothing crazy. It just felt like i stalled the car. But then it wouldn't start back up. Any help or suggestions? I really have no clue and need a running car...

IMG_0173.JPG

Here is how i jumped the relay connections...

Are you getting fuel pressure when cranking? Check for fuel, air, and spark to cover all the basics.

The fuel pump won't run without a signal from the crank sensor, I would look into that.

I don't think you can see the tach move while cranking.

check for dead ignition coils this will cause a crank with no start condition. check that all your wiring is tight and hooked up correctly as well

The fuel pump won't run without a signal from the crank sensor, I would look into that.

I don't think you can see the tach move while cranking.

My money is here.
Did it start with the fuel relay 'jumpered'? if so:
No fuel pump noise. Jumper the relay input and now it runs. It is the ECU not telling the fuel pump relay to turn on. Crank sensor makes a lot of sense.

My money is here.
Did it start with the fuel relay 'jumpered'? if so:
No fuel pump noise. Jumper the relay input and now it runs. It is the ECU not telling the fuel pump relay to turn on. Crank sensor makes a lot of sense.

Car did not start with relay jumpered. But can anyone confirm that the way I connected it would allow the car to run? Like i said, heard fuel pump running constant, but not with relay in.

Will check fuel pressure and spark...as soon as i learn how to do that ;) off to search! Point in the right direction?

Car did not start with relay jumpered. But can anyone confirm that the way I connected it would allow the car to run? Like i said, heard fuel pump running constant, but not with relay in.

Will check fuel pressure and spark...as soon as i learn how to do that ;) off to search! Point in the right direction?

If the relay or fuse was the problem, jumping it like you did would allow the car to run. You've eliminated those two as the problem.

No need to check fuel pressure if the pump is good. Chances are that's not your issue.

For checking spark, get yourself one of these. Plug the spark plug wire into one end and clamp the other to the engine somewhere, it has to be metal. Adjust the tester so the gap is about 1/4". Have somebody crank the engine, and watch for spark.

http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-a...k-adjustable-ignition-spark-tester/10257_0_0/

Solved. I ended up looking through the oil cap and did not see the cams turning. Ended up being the timing belt :( Took off the valve cover and found some teeth stripped, so crank was turning but cams werent. This job doesnt seem too hard except for getting the belt back in place and timing correct. Now i have to decide whether to do it myself or take it in. x(

Back