Suspicious antenna...

KW900A

:
2011 CX-9 AWD Touring
We have a '11 CX9 touring we just bought about 6 months ago, I was reading over the instructions on how to install the factory remote start, and realized that mine has the dipole antenna mounted on the windshield to the right of the rear view mirror? Is it the same type antenna used for another function, is it standard equipment to have it? Or does mine maybe have a forgotten remote start? I have no extra fobs with it, I bought it at carmax and it was not advertised with remote start, I just figured I'd add it. Anyone know anything about this?

sounds like you have the remote start option installed already.... just need to buy the transmitter fob.

"the dipole antenna mounted on the windshield to the right of the rear view mirror" is not standard equipment;

it is for the remote start only and installed as an option, there should be a separate remote for the remote start,

they sell them on eBay, it should look like this , only one button :

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

attached below in page 20 is how to program the transmitter:

View attachment cx9remotestartN02B.pdf

Last edited:
So, maybe I got lucky. I went by my wife's office, and was able to find the program button and hood safety. I didn't pull any panels, but that's enough to tell me it might all be there. I hope that remote gets here quick fast and in a hurry.

So, maybe I got lucky. I went by my wife's office, and was able to find the program button and hood safety. I didn't pull any panels, but that's enough to tell me it might all be there. I hope that remote gets here quick fast and in a hurry.

with all three of these present (dipole antenna by mirror, program button, hood switch) I'm 100% positive you have the OEM remote start installed already, funny thing was I didn't even know about the program switch until you mentioned it, I went and looked and sure enough, it's mounted in the driver side kick panel by the parking brake pedal, I just never noticed it since the dealer mounted it low and inside the panel nut "bowl"

so what's the plan ?

1) get the eBay fob
2) turn on car
3) hold program button for 10 seconds
4) wait for 3 horn beeps
5) press button on eBay fob
6) wait for one horn beep for confirmation
7) have a beer and be happy you saved on buying an new remote :) since you already had it and didn't know LOL ! cheers

My program button was mounted inside that recess as well. Well hidden, it took me a minute to find it. So yeah I'm looking forward to that remote. I actually felt confident enough to order a second from another source. I can't wait to find out.

My program button was mounted inside that recess as well. Well hidden, it took me a minute to find it. So yeah I'm looking forward to that remote. I actually felt confident enough to order a second from another source. I can't wait to find out.

just make sure the FCC ID and IC codes match, this is a pic of the back of my CX-9 remote start

If the listing is ebay is correct for both they are the same GOH-PCMINI as yours as well as the IC#

First remote came in the mail... And it worked perfectly!

I believe I'll have that beer now:D

Back