6+ years old and lookin' good!

Robotazky

Lover of 5's
:
2009 Mazda5 GT
Those are up sized 215/50/17 Michelin MXM4 tires. They look a lot better than 205's IMO.

Built Fall of '08 and purchased March '09. Just turned 65K miles.

Had a shock go out at 40K or so, and replaced the passenger motor mount at 60K or so. Recalled PS pump. Regular maintenance done by me, including tranny fluid dump and fill, two flushed early on at the dealer with stock fluid.

Other than two F-150 trucks I own or have owned, hands down best car I've owned. I'm guessing have had 25 cars. I think that says a lot for Mazda. In return for building a great vehicle, we're going to keep it until it's toast. May garage it for utility work and keep the thing forever.

16f35c8d8c7ff8df97a36a9cc79fa675.jpg

83f6d2dc4ee47c830e94d0be48b3bb5a.jpg

5b277c03a827f32680cb10f4318c569c.jpg

fa12dbff70f5d4b68f971b335365a653.jpg

Last edited:
^x2!
I have the same color 08 model year, paint condition no where close to yours.

That my friend is what washing with Meguairs wax soap and waxing with their NXT wax does for you.

I'm a religious user of their products and have never been let down. I even use the NXT tire spray.

That my friend is what LOW MILEAGE does for you :p My 06 in the same color with 193,500 miles on it does not look near as good either and I also worship at the altar of Meguiars. Like you, I plan on driving mine until I cannot physically keep it from falling to pieces under me. This is my second 5 and I love them to death....

I believe the national average is 15k a year, which i usually double (and last year tripled!!) So your van is above average in appearance and below average in mileage, both good things.

I've had vehicles that I put 30K a year on. I've got a three year old Mustang with 12K. My cars always look new. I just assumed it was maintenance.

Nice looking car, looks almost just like mine expect may be two years ago when it was new to me. Now it looks nothing like mine (dents, scraps). Makes me feel sad about my car :( but happy about yours :).

Maybe it is just me (b/c I own one) but I find 1st gen Cooper Red owner to be more hands on types. Happenstance?

IDK. My dealer had 13 identical ones to mine, even with Navi, remote start, and Sirius. It's hard to imagine all of those moms took care like I did.

Good job on the upkeep Robotaz. The copper red has definitely grown on me since I bought mine. Wasn't my first choice. I wish my paint was as perfect as yours. I have surface scratches galore, some from my daughter drawing me a picture using a rock. I couldn't be too upset with her. Luckily no rust though.

Beautiful Robotaz.
The one thing I miss about Lexington, is that it doesn't go straight from cold (OK, cool) to hot and humid with a guarantee of rain (and mosquitoes) every day. I haven't washed my vehicles in 2 months.

Thanks for the comments. I've worked hard to keep it nice.

My wife detailed the interior today. It's even better than the exterior. Looks brand new inside.

Looks good! Have you ever compounded/polish during the six years?

I have polished small isolated incidents, such as bird poo, but less than 1% of the surface.

No clay bar. I am tempted to break out the clay bar, but when waxed, the paint is very smooth. I don't think it really needs it.

I'm looking at it now and it has been rained on 2-3 times since I took these photos and I can barely see any spots. The wax has just done really well over these six years.

Back