CX9 Brake Booster Replacement

cscrum

:
Mazda CX9
Does anyone have detailed instructions on replacing the brake booster in a 2010 CX9? I found these http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/8w7qo-mazda-cx-9-grand-touring-how-remove-install-brake-booster.html but one step says to remove the windshield? Do I really have to take off the whole windshield? I'm doing this because the extended warranty for this only goes to 90000 and I'm at 93000. Go figure that the symptoms don't show up until I'm out of warranty. Dealer wants 600+ to replace it, so I'm sure it's fairly involved, but I'm not paying that for a part they know is defective.

On the repair manual I have it says, remove wiper arm & blade, cowl grill, wiper motor, cowl panel, but no mention of removing the windshield.

If you google you should find the repair manual PDF online for free, it is for 2008, but as we know the CX-9 has been the same since birth :)

FYI, Mazda went ahead and covered this even though it was over the 90k on the extended warranty by 3k. Props to Mazda. Dealership gave me the quote to fix...$1023.

Back