2nd Row Seat difficult to slide

UberCX9

:
CX9
Hi All,

I find the second row seats in my 2014 cx-9 difficult to slide when attempting to gain access to the third row seats.
Any ideas how to make the seats easier to slide on the 60 side?

Thx.

Difficult in that it's heavy? That's normal. If it's getting stuck, can you see if maybe there's something stuck in the seat tracks?

Possibly your slides have dirt and grime in them?

I can slide mine while sitting in the front row reaching back. So its def not normal for them to be that hard to slide.

Maybe the floor mat is binding up or something or maybe just put some grease in the rails.

Good point about the floor mat. We had the dealer install that Mazda CX9 rubber floor mats. The seat body (slide adjuster bracket) is dragging on the rubber mat. Doesn't look like a good design.

Good point about the floor mat. We had the dealer install that Mazda CX9 rubber floor mats. The seat body (slide adjuster bracket) is dragging on the rubber mat. Doesn't look like a good design.

Aren't the OEM rubber mats the same size and layout as the carpeted mats? I don't have this issue with my standard mats--which have little tabs to tuck them in place under the seat tracks.

I use the OEM rubber mats during winter, and if installed correctly shouldnt have any issues. My seats slide normally with them in. Just an FYI

I use the OEM rubber mats during winter, and if installed correctly shouldnt have any issues. My seats slide normally with them in. Just an FYI

Thanks. The issue is the OEM mats dealer installed. Part of the slide adjuster rides along the edge of the mat. Signs of wear from rubbing are visible. Removing some rubber with a knife has helped. I guess their isn't much clearance under there.

I ended up removing a little rubber from mine as well and it slides much better now.

Back