Will MSP/MP3 Bumpers and side skirts fit a 2003 LX?

:
2003, Protege, LX
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in putting a Mazdaspeed/MP3 body kit onto my 2003 Protege LX. I was wondering if all bumper covers and side skirts would fit easily or if I'd have to fiddle with things like drilling holes or buying new bumper reinforcements. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in putting a Mazdaspeed/MP3 body kit onto my 2003 Protege LX. I was wondering if all bumper covers and side skirts would fit easily or if I'd have to fiddle with things like drilling holes or buying new bumper reinforcements. Thanks in advance!

Bolt on, but I believe the front bumper (the actual bumper, not the bumper cover) will need to be trimmed possibly or just removal of the impact foam (don't remember). But otherwise the mounting holes line up. The front, inner fender liners are MSP/MP3 specific, too.

I am also trying to put side skirts from a p5 on my 03 sedan. To properly install the side skirts you will need to drill holes in your rocker panels for the clips that fasten the p5 skirts. The other way which im leaning towards is some kind of double sided outdoor tape. Drilling holes isnt hard but its deffinately not good for our metal as it already had corrosion problems. Tape isnt permanent either. Dont know about the bumpers though. Id imagine the rear may not fit as the only changes netween the sedan and p5 is in the rear.

Oh sorry i thought you were wandering about the p5 kit. I see now its the msp/mp3 kit you were asking about. Id guess side skirts are mounted the same though.

There is (here somewhere) a how-to for trimming the sedan bumper support to fit the P5/MP3/MSP bumper cover. I bought a bumper support for a P5 though (was about $200 I believe). There is a pdf template below for installing the side skirts. The bodyshop drilled holes into the rocker panels (there are a bunch of plastic clips that affix the side skirts) and then they used 3m double sided tape around the edges.

Check out my thread for more info, I converted a 03 DX to a 03.5 MSP lookalike:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...nabe-begins!&p=2572434&viewfull=1#post2572434

Attachments

• Side skirt install.pdf
    588.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing a lot of shaving the the buper reinforcement. So eventually I'll get the MSP reinforcement. It still needs to be painted though.

Back