Speed bleeder part numbers?

ralstig215

:
2013 Mazda 2
Does anyone have the part numbers for speed bleeders for our cars? I have searched but couldn't find any info. Russell nor Speed bleeder have the info on their site.

Thanks

I can personally vouch for the fact that the part number listed in NAPA's catalog is incorrect. I'm very interested in finding the correct speed bleeder as well...

Still don't have the right ones, but our front bleeders are the same as the 09-11 Rx-8 rears.

Our rear bleeders are unique to our car.

Edit:

After doing some more research. Our front bleeders share the same part number as the 2009-2011 Rx-8; GP9B-33-691. The 2003-2008 have a different part number; F151-33-691. But, when I google it, it shows they are the same part. http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/products/SCREW--BLEEDER/1879830/GP9B33691.html

The fronts should be:
Speed bleeder SB1010
Russell 639560

Now to find out what size the rear bleeders are.

Last edited:
Be careful with speed bleeders you need to seal the threads 100% or else it will suck air into the system.

IMO the Motive power bleeder is the way to go for one person operation.

Check this PDF. Says to measure the inner diameter and go to a link to determine which it needs.

I just borrow a friend or my wife to bleed the brakes once a year.

Edit: our cap part number DR614355Y is unique to the Mazda2. Doesn't interchange with anything else for reference. Gotta measure as per motive's guide.

I'd venture to guess #1107/1117 is what we need.

http://www.motiveproducts.com/CAPS.html

Edit: I bought kit #108 which includes cap #1108 which fits.

Last edited:
Wish I would've seen this when I ordered my motive stuff awhile back. For some reason I was thinking the miata clutch reservoir cap would fit the 2, and when I tried it yesterday I found it will not fit. Mittyvac kit from HF thankfully worked well (to pull some fresh fluid through), though I wouldn't trust it after changing a brake system part since it's impossible to tell if any air is in the lines.

Wish I would've seen this when I ordered my motive stuff awhile back. For some reason I was thinking the miata clutch reservoir cap would fit the 2, and when I tried it yesterday I found it will not fit. Mittyvac kit from HF thankfully worked well (to pull some fresh fluid through), though I wouldn't trust it after changing a brake system part since it's impossible to tell if any air is in the lines.

Thanks for bumping the thread... I bought a power bleeder and cap #1108 is the one that fits. Yep. A GM cap adapter. (hand)

I'm going off of my Amazon order history, I'll double check next time I'm at my parents' house where my tools are at to be 100% sure and edit if needed.

Last edited:
Back