Is there anyway to cover the bottom of the car safely

icpeanuts

I have been having issue with cats and other animals in my neighborhood.

The bottom of the Mazda have an opening. It seems cats and other animals have been crawling up into the "under the hood" area of the car. I found various stuff on top of the engine cover. I think at one point, a cat may have given birth in my car.

Is there any guide or anything I can do safely to cover the opening on the bottom of the Mazda to prevent this from happening.

a pan with antifreeze next to the car? (outie)

I don't really think you can seal all the holes. Mice love it, nice and warm on the cold days and wires are yummy.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you close it all up, you'll end up with heat dissipation issues. On an all-aluminum block, I would fear for my engine!
How about chicken wire?

hang out with an airsoft gun. a few pops from that they won't come back and there is no long lasting effects from the gun shots. (flame2)

. I think at one point, a cat may have given birth in my car.

i just about died laughing. thank you for that.

i like the chicken wire idea. it would need to be breathable thats for sure. you could also try moving out of the cat/mouse ghetto.

There are a lot of stray cats in the area, I was not kidding. I found all these liquid on top of the engine cover, I got freak out and bought it to the dealer and they told me it was not the engine blowing up. In fact, it maybe cats birth liquid.

Thanks for the chicken wire idea. I guess i have to the extra work if car needs servicing. The foam on the hood is all messed up, cats clawing the foam off. I will take some pics and show.

There are a lot of stray cats in the area, I was not kidding. I found all these liquid on top of the engine cover, I got freak out and bought it to the dealer and they told me it was not the engine blowing up. In fact, it maybe cats birth liquid.

Thanks for the chicken wire idea. I guess i have to the extra work if car needs servicing. The foam on the hood is all messed up, cats clawing the foam off. I will take some pics and show.

The stuff on the hood and on the valve cover are fire suppressant, FYI

Back