How to Rebuild MT?

ucnr

:
Mazda Protege5
Is there a guide or suggestions for rebuilding an 01-03 Protege Manual Transmission? I have enough parts between two broken units to make one good transmission but have no idea what is involved or how severe this project would be. I would like to just buy a replacement transmission but there are none available nearby, or would cost more than the entire worth of the car.

is there an easy way to differentiate between lsd and non lsd trans? whats the model number of both if they are different. My 3rd gear is gettting lazy and had the same questions as the OP plus some

Look up G15mr transmission rebuild on youtube. Theres a video with a full teardown and Lsd, speedo gear install. Theres also a pdf floating around with complete instructions and specs on the rebuild too. I dont know the links to either but a quick search on google and youll find it. Just type in G15mr transmission rebuild. I have a P5 sitting with a blown trans so i have been doing alot of research. thhe biggest obstacle for me is money. As Valk stated no sense using old parts so it gets pretty pricey.

Back