Do you have another "non-family" car in the driveway? Looking at getting a second car

7ba8da3c50e3c629f7125a05bce2ff1e.jpg

Nice garage, The F150 is a nice addition too...I love that body style. Unfortunately, the ones like that around here, are either a, 2wd, or a pile of rust on the ground.

Haha yes, I value the opinion of MZ5 owners because they think differently :)

Thanks everyone for your opinions. It seems like this particular list of requirements is on a lot of people's minds, since the manufacturers have made their offerings similar yet unique from their competitors, making the decision a tough one. Will keep you all posted.

PS my favorite car growing up was the late 90's civic si in blue. Would still love to have one... or an ITR :)

Hyundai Veloster R-Spec is another option too, fairly affordable ($21k), turbo power, manual and the B&M short shifter on the R Spec is very nice.

Hyundai Veloster R-Spec is another option too, fairly affordable ($21k), turbo power, manual and the B&M short shifter on the R Spec is very nice.

Good suggestion, Hyundai makes good cars. I had an '06 Rio5, in which I installed the B&M short shifter. Picked it up in 2011 for $6,800 with only 9k miles on it. Sold it two years later for $7500.... still regret selling it - was a great car!

How do you like that Si? I had a 2013 and sold it in 6 months. I hated mine.

I like it. I've had an '08, '11, and now '14. All coupes.

I come back to them because they are trouble free, relatively cheap, and enjoy having the sh*t driven out of them. I traded my '11 in on my Mustang and got what I paid for it in trade. The resale on them is awesome.

The '14 got a lot of upgrades that grabbed my attention. The '16 Type-R looks to be a beast.

Nice garage, The F150 is a nice addition too...I love that body style. Unfortunately, the ones like that around here, are either a, 2wd, or a pile of rust on the ground.

Thanks, man. 308,000 miles on the original 4.9L I-6 engine.

Haha yes, I value the opinion of MZ5 owners because they think differently :)

Thanks everyone for your opinions. It seems like this particular list of requirements is on a lot of people's minds, since the manufacturers have made their offerings similar yet unique from their competitors, making the decision a tough one. Will keep you all posted.

PS my favorite car growing up was the late 90's civic si in blue. Would still love to have one... or an ITR :)

Soft spot for the Integra too. I had a 2000 Integra with a Jackson racing supercharger on it. LOVED it. Should never have sold it. It was a great car.

If you want something that's trouble free, comfy, quiet and great to take the wife on dates, I suggest a used Toyota Avalon. Under-rated for what it is. Yes, it's probably most boring car on earth but it's fast (0-60 in 6sec or less) and perfect for commute through traffic. You can easily find one for 20k or less in great condition

I like it. I've had an '08, '11, and now '14. All coupes.

I come back to them because they are trouble free, relatively cheap, and enjoy having the sh*t driven out of them. I traded my '11 in on my Mustang and got what I paid for it in trade. The resale on them is awesome.

The '14 got a lot of upgrades that grabbed my attention. The '16 Type-R looks to be a beast.

They do have great resale value, and the engines are generally trouble free, but my Si had recurrent transmission problems and the worst rev hang I've ever experienced. I tried flashpro to fix it. Didn't work. I hated driving that car after I got it. Thankfully I didn't have to keep it long. Always felt like I was holding up traffic in town battling the rev hang and having to rev so high to keep up with traffic. I'm genuinely glad you enjoy yours. I hate for people to be dissatisfied with their vehicle.

If you want something that's trouble free, comfy, quiet and great to take the wife on dates, I suggest a used Toyota Avalon. Under-rated for what it is. Yes, it's probably most boring car on earth but it's fast (0-60 in 6sec or less) and perfect for commute through traffic. You can easily find one for 20k or less in great condition
Wow, this came out of nowhere!... Had one as a rental last year and I liked it for what it is but this is far from what the OP is looking for.

I get the feeling the OP will end up in some kind of racy hot hatch. Age has a lot do with your buying decision and preference so as long as it suite your needs and makes you happy, go for it. Given the hatch options, Id go for some iteration of the Golf.

Thanks, man. 308,000 miles on the original 4.9L I-6 engine.

I had a 92 with the inline 6 and a 5 speed, It was awesome, but only 2wd. I got hit head on on the highway in it and I walked away, the people in the elantra, NOT so lucky..

Wow, this came out of nowhere!... Had one as a rental last year and I liked it for what it is but this is far from what the OP is looking for.

I get the feeling the OP will end up in some kind of racy hot hatch. Age has a lot do with your buying decision and preference so as long as it suite your needs and makes you happy, go for it. Given the hatch options, Id go for some iteration of the Golf.

I was actually admiring the new Avalons on the way down to Florida. They are quite beautiful and would buy one over a Lexus in a heartbeat. I'd prefer something slightly smaller, though.

I'd love to try one out. Almost bought one back in 2010, but found out it was in an accident. Did they AP2s sort out the cylinder oil circulation? If I remember correctly, one of the cylinders liked to run a bit hot.

Honestly not sure, but probably. I haven't had any issues with mine at all.

Well, if a hot hatch is in the offing, wait for the Ford Focus RS. Personally I would love one, or a Golf GTD, which won't be sold here because they don't want people to know that diesels can be fun and economical at the same time.

Oh, I forgot, I have 2003 audi A4 cabriolet in the stable now too. That's a non everyday car. got it in florida a few years ago. Its really nice.

Back