boost issues after warmup

boosttoob

:
2003.5 Masdaspeed protege
2003.5 protege. It runs fine makes boost and pulls hard when cold. After a bit it loads up and kinda has no power at all. Still makes 10psi on the guage and makes lots of bov noise just feels slower than hell. The feeling is similar to what my diesel does while towing something heavy. Lotsa noise and accelerates slow. Has wideband w/digital guage. While its 'loading up' it reads 10's and jumps a bit and then blanks out when i let off before coming back on. Occasionally has little backfires. I have no clue whats going on with it.

Only engine mods (as far as i know):
greddy bov
injen hardpipe and front mount intercooler
Wideband o2

Could possibly have other things done. No idea what tune if any. I got it from someone used. Any help is appreciated. Hoping its a simple fix as money is tight. Thanks a bunch

I have similar issue. It’s never back fired before. I use torque to monitor the engine load temp boost and fuel cut. I don’t have a wideband but from what I’ve read 10:1 is really rich you may need piggy back and tune.

Try new plugs gapped to .028" and reset the computer. It's likely the stock tune, these cars run very rich on the stock tune and low boost.

Back