Bluetooth Audio problems

Jeff2015

:
Mazda 3 iTouring
Hi. I've had my 2015 Mazda3 for a couple months. I mostly like it a lot, but the Bluetooth Audio sucks. At the beginning of almost every song, there's a dropout/crackling/popping. This also happens in the middle of many songs. I'm using a Galaxy Avant, but my iPod does the same thing. I do not have these problems with the Bluetooth in the other cars in our household. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have an update on this? I am having a similar problem. I just got a 2015 sGT. I've noticed the bluetooth "hiccups" a lot during playback, mainly when I am using Spotify (playing back offline music). For me it's not at the start of songs but just sort of randomly during playback, and some songs play fine, with other songs having a couple of interruptions.

I emailed my salesman to see if there were any updates to the bluetooth software and he said: Yes, I am sorry to hear that your bluetooth is not working optimally. I have not heard of any updates nor any issues with the Bluetooth system. I would try deleting your phone from the car's Bluetooth system and go through the entire pairing process again it may just have a bad connection wirelessly from the initial setup. if that does not work and you're still experiencing the issues the next step would be to call Helen in our service department and make an appointment to have your vehicle checked out it's under warranty so if there is an issue with your Bluetooth radio it would be covered. please keep me updated and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. Thank you again for your business I hope you have a great day Unfortunately they're about 45 minutes away, so I'm waiting for a day off to get it replaced.

I've noticed something similar when talking on the phone through the bluetooh. What I've tried and it seems to make a difference is put the phone in the little tray below the audio and hvac controls. I get the feeling the bluetooth receiver in the car is not very strong and buried in the dash and by keeping the phone in your pocket or in the arm rest is enough to make the connection strength pretty weak. The only reason I tried this was I noticed some crackling in the audio when I put my hand over my phone when it was in my right pocket.

@JiinXC
I have noticed a slight improvement with my phone in that tray, but the problem still happens.

Is this the standard radio or the infotainment? I have a '14 Sport with the base radio, and having connected many phones over my 19 months of ownership, I've noticed the problem too, but it seems to have been confined to a specific phone. The only thing different I noticed about that one is that it had low latency audio enabled in the build.prop.

I have the iTouring with the tech package and an iphone 5. I have had no issues with the phone and bluetooth operation. I do not use my phone for audio. The sound quality has been good.

I'm afraid to jinx myself, but I think they fixed it! Took it in this morning and they said a software update just came out June 10 and the drop-outs/popping in Bluetooth was one of the things it addressed. An hour or so later, my car was all updated and the Bluetooth has played perfectly ever since. Woohoo! Sean O'Gorman, it does have the infotainment package fyi.

Two weeks later, still working well. There was one morning it was screwed up, I'm guessing it didn't connect right. Other than that, perfect, I'm a happy man.

Back