Higher (not high) output alternator!

Sophomore

:
Protege LX
I recently replaced my dead alternator with a modded, aftermarket 90amp 626 alt.

On idle, I'm getting extremely rough idle. With all accessories on (hid, fet p5 fogs, AC, radio), I'm getting 12.45v and 14.7 with everything off. So I'm looking to replace the alternator with a slightly higher amp one to fix the idle issue and because I plan on installing led spotlights.

I read that millienia alt can be modded to fit but I couldn't find a thread on it.

1. What year millienia alt will work?
2. How can I mod it to work as it has an additional plug (or so I'm told)?
3. 110amp won't cause anything to burn out will it?
4. Thanks! :)

1. I cant remember off hand. But they also list there amp rating. So just look for one thats rated 110amp. Even though the big gain from the swap is actually the fact its a Nippon Denso, and not a failure prone Mitsubishi unit. But the 20 amps will still help too.

2. You need one of the 3 wire plugs to make it work. The extra 3rd wire you just run to a key on +. I typically just connect to a random solenoid that is close by and has a key on source.

3. 110amp wont be any problem. People run 180amp alt's on massive stereo setups. Thats what the voltage regulator is for.

4. Welcome. :)

Back