2016 CX-5 GT Navigation Updates!

I don't have my computer right now and I am using my mom's. Do you think it matters of I install toolbox and try and get my first update on a computer that isn't going to be my permanent computer? I'd imagine the update for 3 years and mileage is tied to the SD card and my account, and not the actual computer that's being used. What do you guys think?

jhu8 Your signature indicates a 2013 so you will be using TomTom Home not toolbox?

jhu8 Your signature indicates a 2013 so you will be using TomTom Home not toolbox?

Oops sorry! I just bought a 2016 GT cx5. That was my old car. But do you think I'd be okay using a temporary computer to update?

should work, the sd card is tied to the vehicle, not the PC

the backup files are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mazda\Toolbox as default, think there's an option to change the location
so should be able to copy them to a usb and move them to your own PC later

I'd just like to know how to identify the version currently in my car. Thanks.

Using Mazda Toolbox make a backup first.
In Mazda Toolbox, go to "Settings" > "Folder settings" and verify the Backup directory.
Go to the Backup directory using a file explorer.
Click on the folder (mixture of numbers and letters) that appear, click again on the next folder (numbers) that appear, click on the "drive0" folder, click on the "content" folder.
Open the file "DbVersion.zip" using Winrar or other archive program.
Open the file "info.ini".
In this file you will find the version and date.

In my car (Canadian 2016 CX5 GS that I got this afternoon :)) it was NQNA2012Q2 (NavteQ North America 2012 second quarter).

As I have less than 63 miles done with the card installed in the car, no updates show up in the "Device" section of Mazda Toolbox yet. This weekend I will ride some more and hopefully will be able to update the maps. Right now a highway that opened november 2012 near my home is not on the map.

correct, my backup location was wrong :(
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\mazda\backup is where the above post instructions should take you

[info]
name=Content Package Identifier
cnt_comment=Config_DbVersion-JciMazda-NA_Nng_2014-06\n\n\n\nNA|2014.06||DbVersion|JciMazda

[dbversion]
device_name="JCIMazda"
cpv_nng="HMNA2014Q2"
cpv_ext="BHP1 66 EZ1D"
cp_name="North America"
region_config="NA"

and Q2 is the latest

Driving my 2016 CX-5 for almost a year (yes, I bought it in 2015!) and have over 10K miles on it thus time to update the map. So I tried this on both a PC and Mac with no success. Downloaded the application and had zero luck. Is there a trick to do this? The software is suspect at best. One cannot tell if the map update is being downloaded to ones computer or not. I let this sit for several hours with the SD card in the SD card reader and still nothing. Any help or direction is appreciated. I reached out to both my local dealer and Mazda directly. Still awaiting responses. Like others, there are some simple road changes that are not on the map and thus I would like to get the updated map.

I see this as something that should be painfully easy yet is far to complex for some reason. Thanks in advance!!!

My dealer just updated my nav when I brought my 2016 GT in for its 10K checkup. Update also added a feature that makes favorites screen stay on and ads speaker icon next to the favorite radio station that I am listening to which allows me to easily browse thru favorites.

My dealer just updated my nav when I brought my 2016 GT in for its 10K checkup. Update also added a feature that makes favorites screen stay on and ads speaker icon next to the favorite radio station that I am listening to which allows me to easily browse thru favorites.

I'd be interested in seeing this. I had my software updated a couple of months ago and this was not included in mine.

Does this help?
ix9j6r.jpg

Seme here .. speaker icon appears in mine too.

Driving my 2016 CX-5 for almost a year (yes, I bought it in 2015!) and have over 10K miles on it thus time to update the map. So I tried this on both a PC and Mac with no success. Downloaded the application and had zero luck. Is there a trick to do this? The software is suspect at best. One cannot tell if the map update is being downloaded to ones computer or not. I let this sit for several hours with the SD card in the SD card reader and still nothing. Any help or direction is appreciated. I reached out to both my local dealer and Mazda directly. Still awaiting responses. Like others, there are some simple road changes that are not on the map and thus I would like to get the updated map.

I see this as something that should be painfully easy yet is far to complex for some reason. Thanks in advance!!!

Apparently, you cannot update your maps if you have the older Infotainment version installed. The dealer has to hook up the system to their computers to update the firmware. I am running OS 51.00.300 and I read that the new version is 55. I also saw that it takes about 15 minutes and can be done via a USB drive using files at mazda3revolution.com.

That said, I am not sure if I will do this or just have the dealer do it. Once the Infotainment is fixed, then the map update apparently can be done. This does not make sense to me but that is what I was told by my dealer.

Thoughts???!?!

Sorry in advance since this sounds like a stupid question in my head. I have a 2016 CX-5 Touring w/Tech. Yesterday I turned on the Nav to go to NJ, (I live in NY). The Nav wouldn't let me put in any destination that wasn't in NY. Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks

You have to change the state. I once got caught in a loop and had trouble putting in the city/state. Not sure how, but I started over with the selector wheel and got it to work...

I tried everything except taking the SD card out and reinstalling it. Trying that tonight. Every City I try to pull up takes me to one in NY. Other times the letters I want to use are greyed out so I can't even type out the City. I even tried typing once I got to NJ and it still would only give me NY, very frustrating.

Hey AJ, it's not a stupid question, hang in there.

Start from the main Nav screen and select New Destination.
Select Find Address on that screen.
"City or Zip Code" will be highlighted on the 2nd line of that screen. On the line above that will be County (for me it shows United States, Indiana for you it will be US, NY).
Select that top line.
Now either start to enter United and it will go to a list of all 50 states, or type in the first few letters of the state you want to look at (NEW in your case) and it will show you a short list of states that begin with those letters. Select the state you want and you're on your way to finding your destination.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Last edited:
Back