Bridgestone Dueler h/l ecopia 422 & experiences on CX-5

Can u tell me about the handling in corners compared to stock toyos? How's the ride? Does it absorb a lot of the road bumps? Gas mileage and wet weather driving? Did it make it quieter?

I Love Mine also, Only 10,000 Km on them but best All season tires for snow and ice I have ever owned. I have dedicated snow tires and I did not put them on this year. We did have a mild winter in Alberta but still.

Quieter, Excellent Dry Handling, Softer riding, and so far good wear. I drive the car fairly hard around the corners and they are great. A massive improvement in all ways over the stock Yokohamas., I sold mine when they were almost new to offset cost of new tires. Oh Yeah, I noticed a small increase in Fuel Mileage as well.

Very highly recommended. Not sure about Wet handling in general, It's not a big problem around here.

Hope that helps

Just watched the video posted, Not sure about water as I stated, But wow, His idea of winter must be massively different than mine. In any case just his opinion, just like mine is just my opinion, Also no kidding its not as good as a dedicated winter tire, But I likely have much more experience than him regarding snow and ice, The OEM Yokohama is dangerous in our winter whereas the Dueller is very capable. as proof I didn't put on my Winters this year, I saw no need.

I also have had the Michelin MXs he refers to on several vehicles, THat is an average tire in my opinion. Its thumppy over expansion joints but is extremely long wearing.

Just watched the video posted, Not sure about water as I stated, But wow, His idea of winter must be massively different than mine. In any case just his opinion, just like mine is just my opinion, Also no kidding its not as good as a dedicated winter tire, But I likely have much more experience than him regarding snow and ice, The OEM Yokohama is dangerous in our winter whereas the Dueller is very capable. as proof I didn't put on my Winters this year, I saw no need.

I also have had the Michelin MXs he refers to on several vehicles, THat is an average tire in my opinion. Its thumppy over expansion joints but is extremely long wearing.

Thank you for you experience, knowledge with this brand. That is helpful!

I replaced the OE Yokohama at 45,000mi with the Michelin Energy Saver A/S. So far so good, no issues to report. No noticeable change in performance or mpg.

Any difference in noise or smoothness?

No difference in noise or smoothness either. Drives very much the same as the Yokohamas, which I am okay with. I didn't really have any problems with the Yoko's. I am at 51,000 now and the Michelins have been rotated once. They should be broken in by now. Everything is dandy. Got them from Discount Tire in Knoxville $650 otd w/ lifetime road hazard, rotation, and balance. They have a 65,000 mile warranty. If they make it 60,000+ I'll be happy.

Last edited:
The Bridgestone Dueler h/l ecopia is one of the lowest rated tires in Consumer Reports ratings although rolling resistance is excellent and ride comfort and noise are better than average in this class.

Doesn't seem like a wheel - rounded tire "pun intended". I have been considering Continental "True Contact"

Can u tell me about the handling in corners compared to stock toyos? How's the ride? Does it absorb a lot of the road bumps? Gas mileage and wet weather driving? Did it make it quieter?

I based my decision on comfort and mpgs. I sold my oem 19s in my first 400 miles so I have no basis to make comparisons. Also, I use a dedicated snow set up (young drivers) so I can't comment on winter driving.

I've been running a 235/45 Hankook A/T on my CX5 for some time now including through the winter. It's an exceptional tire, it does create more noise than the stock yokos but I don't notice it and never have any passengers comment, so it's not bad. They handle really well in pretty much any conditions I have encountered and thus far are wearing very nicely. I have H&R springs so I can't really comment on difference in ride quality since those are quite a bit firmer than the stock springs.

The Toyo's on my 2014 GT only lasted ~26K miles and I ended up replacing them with the Dueler ecopia in the same size - 225/55. Personally, I would have preferred to try some Michelin but the reports on this tire were good and the price was within range. I will report back on the tires after a bit and will also see what impact this has on gas milage.

The Toyo's on my 2014 GT only lasted ~26K miles and I ended up replacing them with the Dueler ecopia in the same size - 225/55. Personally, I would have preferred to try some Michelin but the reports on this tire were good and the price was within range. I will report back on the tires after a bit and will also see what impact this has on gas milage.

Well, this was a mistake. These tires are terrible. The sharp handling and tight feel of the Mazda is gone, replaced by a saggy feel that makes the car feel like junk. This car now feels like the CR-V I traded in to get the CX-5. Very disappointed.

Well, this was a mistake. These tires are terrible. The sharp handling and tight feel of the Mazda is gone, replaced by a saggy feel that makes the car feel like junk. This car now feels like the CR-V I traded in to get the CX-5. Very disappointed.

That's sad! What pressures have you tried so far?

This is with 36 PSI from the dealer. Really shocked at the difference. You think I should up the pressure?

Yes, it's worth a try. Make sure you use at least two pressure gauges (that agree with each other) and that the tires are truly cold when adjusting pressure. You do have a small compressor at home so you can do it in the morning before driving?

Back