Additional power socket/cigarette lighter

Mazda32015

:
Mazda 3 iGT Hatchback Manual
So far I have found one major drawback of the 15 Mazda 3. theres only one power socket, and in my model/setup, its ALWAYS ON. Why is this a problem? well, my radar detector cord could be used as a clothes line and my iGT is a 6sp. Seriously. Anyone ever added a secondary power socket before?

I thought in the 2015 if there is no CD player they put the power socket/USB/Aux port in that spot. I sat in a 2015 Sport at the dealership that was set up that way. If that's your situation you could probably swap it if you don't mind losing the CD player.

I replaced the CD drive in my 2014 with 4x USB ports and a 12v socket that are keyed to the ignition as well as an always-on 12v socket powering a micro-USB cable that comes out near the infotainment display. Describe what you want to do and I'll try to provide detailed instructions within a few days.

Do tell. Does it look nice after or does it look kinda janky? I'd hate to ruin the look of the inside

Depends on your preference. I used a nice piece of cherry wood for mine, but did black acrylic for a friend that looks more OE to replace the CD player. The power cable was hidden behind the infotainment screen, but I moved it to a more convenient location when I switched to a magnetic phone mount. I will try to post pictures in the next few days; keyboard time is very limited at the moment.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Why can't you connect radar detector power to your rear view mirror? Lots of people do this.

Back