How are you guys doing on fuel?

I'm averaging 32 using nearly as much throttle as I can fit into any situation. Last winter average was 30-31.

I found an article (edmunds) where researchers reported the in-dash economy reading is biased high. I haven't done any tank-to-tank measurements yet. What sort of accuracy are people seeing?

I only use my tank to tank calculations.

Mike

My first tank-to-tank came to 37.5 mpg. Computer said 36.8. Not too shabby. Given it's been a mix of highway and relatively aggressive city, not too shabby indeed.

Well, this past week has proven interesting for fuel economy. I filled up twice with very mixed results. 100% city driving with some a/c usage? 45mpg average. Around 85% highway with the a/c on? 32mpg average. Cruising above 60-65mph with the a/c on is killer. Car's definitely a sipper in the city, though. I've always done better around town.

I'm still getting 38-40mpgs at 100k+ miles. Mostly highway and at speeds to 80mph.

^^^^
I don't know how you do it? My 2 drinks gas like a V8 on the highway at anything over 70MPH.

Well, this past week has proven interesting for fuel economy. I filled up twice with very mixed results. 100% city driving with some a/c usage? 45mpg average. Around 85% highway with the a/c on? 32mpg average. Cruising above 60-65mph with the a/c on is killer. Car's definitely a sipper in the city, though. I've always done better around town.

Much agreed. My experience also.

She would definitely benefit from a 6th gear.

Amen.

Mike

I average about 36mpg. I believe its due to the Corksport SRI and the Magnaflow Muffler I have, less restriction. My Highest has been 41.8 on an 80mph highway.

^^^^
I don't know how you do it? My 2 drinks gas like a V8 on the highway at anything over 70MPH.

I never go more than 70 on the highway, that's how. ;)

Just drove about 600 miles round-trip to a meet this weekend. I had a friend with me in the car and was running the a/c most of the time. That tank ended up being just under 34mpg. I had my oil changed at the dealership the meet was at, and averaged 40mpg on the way home in the same configuration. When the trip readout read 50 miles and the gauge still read full, I was so excited. lol

I honestly think my local dealer didn't put 0w20 in it last time. I haven't been able to get more than 35mpg (and that was once or twice) over the last 5k miles driving by myself, but I got 40mpg with a passenger and the a/c on. Who'da thunk it?

Last edited:
^^^^
Nice.

I was up to 40 MPG combined average with the CS Short Ram Intake but, with the addition of the Hot Pipes Header (non-tuned), I'm down to 37 MPG combined average. I have the Dynotronics Tuning package on the way so we'll see what the car does with the tune.

Mike

My average tank is around 350 miles, I average about 35/37 highway (I'm also getting passed by everyone though). The best I've ever got was 42 miles to the gallon.

I average 22.5 mpg (imp) in town (manual), but Lima traffic is something else. The last trip I did out of Lima (about 20kms of heavy traffic, 200 kms of highway, then 220 kms in the twisties climbing from sea level to 4000m asl, followed by about 80 kms of flowing single carriageway stuff), I averaged about 36 mpg (imp), that was about 44mpg on the highway, and about 33mpg pn the climb. Coming back was better on the twisties (all downhill!), but worse on the highway (I wanted to get home!), 36mpg / 42 mpg respectively on the way back. Around town I always have the A/C on, but above about 2000 m ASL I need to turn it off on the climb because the power loss becomes very noticeable!

It's a completely standard manual, with the exception of a set of camber bolts.

How is everyone able to get such stellar mpg numbers?! I'm averaging 23mpg with 95% city, no a/c usage.

I can get pretty bad mileage in Chicago driving, around 23-28 mixed. If I take it easy, short shift, have the all seasons on (my summer tires kill mileage, but the immense grip makes up for it) and keep it below 75 on the highway I typically average 30.

^^^^
Fill the tires to 40psi and don't shift above 3,500RPM...That's my secret.
Plus, if you want to get crazy, buy and install the CS Short Ram intake...that really helped my MPG. :)

The HotPipes Header, Tune, and wider Wheels/Tires killed the MPG. :(

Mike

I've been averaging 36 mpg, 2013 sport manual. My daily commute has about 20% low speed sections (30-40 mph), so cruising along at those speeds in 5th gear really bumps it up. I just took my first road trip, and I got the same, 36 mpg! I kept it at 70 mph, was loaded down with 2 adults, 2 teenagers, and one large suitcase. Plus it rained the whole time, so I had the wipers, lights, and AC on the whole time. I hope I get 40 in better weather. I set the tires to 36f 38r for the trip.

Back