A/S tires

L3vzoomzooom

:
2007 MZ3 Sedan
I just want to take a quick poll on what you Guys and Gals run for A/S tires. for me it has been Falken tires ZE612's and and at least two sets of ZE912's. I'm not sure on what my next set should be.

I'm running Michelin sport A/S3 225/45/17 my wife is running Conti Pure Contact 205/55/16. Both are V speed rated

The Michelin has better dry handling, fair in the snow and very good in wet weather

The Contis have very good dry handling, good in the snow and very good in wet weather

You give up some grip with the Contis but gain much better wear and better snow traction.

Two things you want in the DC/VA/MD area are great brakes and great tires.

My MX5 tires (purchased by the previous owner) have Continental Extreme DWS all-season tires. These are very good tires for the money. They provide a good ride and are quiet, while not quite a sharp (steering response) as high-performance Pirellis and Michelins. My Protg has Conti Extreme DWs (Summer) and these are a step above the DWS in dry grip. They, too are very quiet and last a long time.

I've had two sets of Dunlop SP Sport Signatures and just had a new set of Yokohama YK580s installed last month. All were 205/50VR17 and I am in love with the Yokos!

i just put bf goodrich g force comp 2 a/s on mine they are a very aggressive tread. it has only been a week so im not sure on wear (45,000 mile life warranty) but they grip in the dry extremely well. i have not had any rain to test them yet and i am in texas so snow is not something i can review. but so far these tires grip really well and seem to help the feel of the car on the sporty side. i am going to tune on mine and do some upgrades so i wanted a tire to keep up. these seem like they will as they are w speed rated (higher speed than v) you cannot go wrong with michelin pilot sport a/s 3s if you have the money. had 2 sets of those on my old 03 protege 5 and they were phenomenal tires. the only reason i did not get them for this car was the bfg's are made by michelin these tires are their newest tech and they were $40 cheaper per tire and at the limi for my current budget.

Back