2 Inch drop to much?

jermsprotege

:
2003 mazda protege lx
So i wanna do a drop but 2inches seems drastic to me. in all reality i would like to do 1.5 at most but i found drop springs for 80 bucks but they would drop the car 1.9 inches is that to low...does anyone have experience with these springs.What would i have to do run run drop springs, like extra parts or things i would have to do like trimming the bump stops? getting an alignmetn iam just really curious as to all of what i would have to do to run drop springs. Oh ya They are the ones off ebay. probably cheap for a reason but any input would be appreciated, thanks

I'd go for better quality springs. 1.9" isnt too low, but the ride will be worse than that of the eibachs, teins, espelirs, goldlines, racing beats, tanabes, or anything else you may find.

do you have any suggestions where theres a compromise between price and ride quality for some of the brands are pricy for just a set of springs. Ya i dont want the whole cut springs feel from lowering springs if i can avoid it. i dont mind a firm ride but i dont want my kidneys to be taking a beating and going that low will i need a camber kit or anything special. Any one got pics of a 2 inch drop?

for a 2" drop, you really want coilovers. protege struts do not have the travel required to stay off the bump stops at more than 1.5" drop.

Ya it was just the most affordable springs for me atm were a 1.9" drop I might just hold off because realistically I wanna go 1.5 down at the most

if you want springs, get tein, eibach or h&r. then buy upgraded struts (tokico) to handle the different spring rates properly so you don't end up just blowing your struts. spend a bit of money and do it right.

if you want to be cheap, just buy extra stock springs and cut them until you get the right height, then at least you won't have spent much money when your stuff breaks.

I agree. The only way to do a 2-inch drop without pulverizing your kidneys is with coilovers. Eibach Sports are about 1.4"? That will be a firm ride but not punishing. (unless you are 70+ years old)

The Eibachs in my 3 dropped it just a bit over 1-inch and came with shortened bump stops for the rear. The ride is definitely sport car firm.

I have the tien stech springs with stock struts. Dropped about 1.5" after it settled, I can almost fit two fingers in the wheel gaps now to put it into perspective. If you only swap springs you'll haveknocking issues depending on the drop.

Back