blown forged motors?

littlemimus

fear the mighty sandvich!
:
Mazdaspeed protege 2003
i see or have seen quite a few msps with blown forged motors. id like to avoid going that route as im starting my build and im wondering is it just poor tuning causing this? oil starvation?

i see or have seen quite a few msps with blown forged motors. id like to avoid going that route as im starting my build and im wondering is it just poor tuning causing this? oil starvation?

You'd have to examine each incident case by case to know. It could be a number of things. Likely not a component failure, though we can't know.

Where are you seeing this? I have yet to see a built motor blow in an MSP but like Pref said there are so many factors that could cause a motor to blow. Improper machining or balancing, weak oiling system (!),shoddy workmanship, improper tuning, premature abuse before the rings seat, excess boost, massive turbo. Typically it's the tune, but just because the motor is built does not make it indestructible.

Where are you seeing this? I have yet to see a built motor blow in an MSP but like Pref said there are so many factors that could cause a motor to blow. Improper machining or balancing, weak oiling system (!),shoddy workmanship, improper tuning, premature abuse before the rings seat, excess boost, massive turbo. Typically it's the tune, but just because the motor is built does not make it indestructible.

just threads ive seen over the years about guys talking and saying that they are on their second or third forged motor.

Back