Passenger Motor Mount Replacement

It's a very simple job. I recommend using an OEM Mazda mount because the one I purchased from RockAuto didn't last very long at all (less than 1 year).

Keyword is "Mazda 3" ;). You'll find a lot of how-tos and reviews. Youtube also have some "Mazda 3" how-tos.

So what is the concensus here on the good or bad mounts? I was leaning towards AWR based on the overall good reviews and price. IMO, if one mount is shot and the car has high mileage/age, I'd would suggest do all 3. There are guides out there already.

http://www.mazda3 forums.com/showthread.php?t=381281

It's a very simple job. I recommend using an OEM Mazda mount because the one I purchased from RockAuto didn't last very long at all (less than 1 year).
Can you tell us what brand that was? RA is just a retailer so if there's a poor brand, point them out..

I read lots of reviews and felt strongly that purchasing OEM, even at 100% higher cost, was the right way to go. That said, I knew that I was going to replace the passenger only and did not want to leverage any risk wondering if ongoing issues was the fault of a cheap passenger mount or a broken tranny mount.

Sorry, but I'm logic-driven, so I don't always make decisions that make sense to everyone else, but I believe going OEM on the passenger and reassessing the status of the tranny is the correct process with the least risk of wasted time and money.

Anyone replace their own driver's side transmission mount? How much of a pain is it? From what I've seen you have to remove the battery just to access it. What replacement transmission mount did you use?

Anyone replace their own driver's side transmission mount? How much of a pain is it? From what I've seen you have to remove the battery just to access it. What replacement transmission mount did you use?

You have to remove some of the air intake, which doesn't seem like that much really. Then the battery, the battery box, and I believe the bracket below.

There's a great Mazda 3 video on Youtube where the guy replaces the tranny mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_66rKoR5Bk0

In his passenger and rear mount video, I posted these specs that you'll need:

#1 - Rear Torque Mount: 68.7-85.9 (both bolts)
#3 - Passenger Side Mount: 55.0-77.3 ft-lbs (bolts and nuts)
#4 - Transmission Mount: 61.7-83.5 ft-lbs ( single bolt)

For those who love their torque wrenches, here are the battery bracket torque specs. Notice the bolts are in in-lbs (divide by 12 for ft-lbs).

Battery Bracket: 61.1-86.7 in-lbs (all bolts), 32.5-44.9 ft-lbs (all nuts)

Is this the correct part no. for passenger side mazda 5 2009 engine mount: BCM439060D? Also whats the difference bet engine vin 6 DOHC and 39 DOHC? Thanks!

I've waited four months for my stupid dealer to get the rear and tranny mounts and they're confused over latest Rev numbers and which goes on my '09.

Does anybody have the latest and greatest part numbers, especially for the tranny mount?

I went to a different dealer, where I bought it in another city actually. They handled it all.

No. 1 mount was BP4S-39-040B

No. 4 mount was CC29-39-070

I have a 2009 automatic US model.

I'm proud to say that my full circle inspection gave highest marks on everything, including tires and brake pads (original).

Latest posts

Back