Dead fuel injector

:
2003.5 Titanium Gray MSP
Long story short, I discovered today I have a dead fuel injector (#2). Auto Zone quoted me $193 for one. After doing more research, I learned that apparently, there's multiple kinds of them for our car (I don't know s*** about cars). Anyways, anyone know what kind come stock (I'm just looking to replace it, not upgrade them or anything), and where I can find them for less than $200? Looking online, it seems like the Auto Zone quote is the cheapest I can find right now...

Ok that link apparently doesn't work. Lol. Hopefully this one does.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Mazda/Protege/GB/Fuel_Injector/2003/Mazdaspeed/4_Cyl_2-dot-0L/G5842-12244.html?intcmpid=Product%20Listings%20Best%20Seller

check the classified section of this forum i see stock injectors on there pretty often.
pretty rare for them to go bad, a used one should do just fine.

OP, do you need a green (right) or purple (left)? I have multiple sets that I could get rid of.

I've no idea. I know it's the #2 fuel injector. I've had an oil leak/burn problem for a few months now, and discovered yesterday that the #2 spark plug was the cause of the leak, so I'm thinking the leak caused the injector to eventually go out.

I've no idea. I know it's the #2 fuel injector. I've had an oil leak/burn problem for a few months now, and discovered yesterday that the #2 spark plug was the cause of the leak, so I'm thinking the leak caused the injector to eventually go out.

The firing order, when viewing from the front of the vehicle, left to right, is 1-2-3-4. You'll need a purple injector.

Though, your explanation does not make sense as to the concern, cause and potential correction.

Back