What other Mazda's do you own currently.

xxxmonoxidechil

Potential Scammer!
Ive noticed a ton of us own other Mazda's, and figured a thread dedicated to our "Other" Mazda's is in order. All i ask is stick to Mazda's. (or re-badged Mazdas) (thumb)

Currently i have 4. And have owned a over 2 dozen over the years. I have Mazda issues. And its very contagious. (})

This is my 97 626. Its my daily beater and winter car Its a rare find as its a factory KL DOHC v6, with the manual trans. Ive done a full Maf conversion running a Millenia ECU, IAT, and Maf. Done big brakes on all 4 corners. Ksport coilovers. King6 21mm rear swaybar, Custom 1 piece strut tower bar made by me. MX6 M-Edition leather bucket seats. Ceramic coated HotShot headers to 2.5 magnaflow high flow cat, Magnaflow resonator, to a full 2.5 custom exhaust made by me.

087_zpsa95a0e27.jpg

080_zps614dd7ed.jpg

10256874_10151953198721455_8427023662196166687_o.jpg

And this is my Daily driver in the summer. Its a 2005 6i. 2.3 Grand Touring Sport with a manual trans. Its is fully loaded so most 6 owner even assume its a V6 because its a Grand Touring Sport. Its has the 1 year only 2 tone tan/black interior which really sold the car for me. Ive owned it since 2006 when it only had 12k miles. It currently has 73k i believe. I wont even get into the mod list, its just too much.

007.jpg

184436_10151137855986455_1444838390_n.jpg

255273_10150888507981455_2013331945_n.jpg

063.jpg

new048.jpg

Well now you're just hurting my feelings monoxide, as technically I can't post here as I flipped the 6 to get the 9 (see what I did there (lol2)). I do miss my wagon, and the manual trans., especially when I see what my acquaintances are still doing to theirs over on 6Club. But I'll still throw these up, since this is the car that made me love Mazdas, and as such buy a new one. 2004 Mazda 6s Wagon MTX, purchased in 2010 with 73k. Car was bone stock, taken care of, and I was the second owner.

DSC_1239_zpsda31ba2e.jpg

DSC_1217_zpsa210c5ca.jpg

I'm really diggin' your 626, probably one of the cleanest/nicest I've ever seen (as most people treated them like crap and they look as such).

Last edited:
Thanks! I actually purchased it from a fellow 6crew member, GerryB. Who bought it brand new and was the original owner. His son had been using it since GerryB had bought his Mazda6, and now his son was moving to Japan. He knew i was a big Mazda guy, and called me up asking if id have any interest. Which was perfect timing as i had just found out i was expecting my first son at the time, and was driving a 2 door Probe GT, which i sold, to fund the 626 purchase. Ive owned it for like 6 years now. Crazy how time flies.

I have a 93 MX6 with only 95k miles on it. I've had it since 99 and it's been with me from the end of high school, all through college and through my first 2 major jobs and then drove it 1/3 across the country. It has never let me down (except when the distributor failed and now has the HEI mod). I would still be driving it if I didn't buy a new STI 5 years ago, now it was sitting in the garage and now I have to get rid of it to fit my wife's car. It definitely has more character than my STI and the seat are phenomenal and it still looks fantastic (minus the crap mazda green paint).

So if anyone is looking into getting a super low mileage MX6 let me know.

I have a 93 MX6 with only 95k miles on it. I've had it since 99 and it's been with me from the end of high school, all through college and through my first 2 major jobs and then drove it 1/3 across the country. It has never let me down (except when the distributor failed and now has the HEI mod). I would still be driving it if I didn't buy a new STI 5 years ago, now it was sitting in the garage and now I have to get rid of it to fit my wife's car. It definitely has more character than my STI and the seat are phenomenal and it still looks fantastic (minus the crap mazda green paint).

So if anyone is looking into getting a super low mileage MX6 let me know.

Keep it for the nostalgia!! Car cover to get it out of the garage! don't let her go ;)

We currently have a 02 Protege LX which is the second car now, it's not driven very much, no mods but it's still a fun car to get out every now and again. Feels like i'm driving a go cart compared to the 9.

We had a p5 which was replaced by the 9 and before the LX we had a 92 MX6 that we gave back to out inlaws at around 250k miles. That was a heck of a car.

New 2012 Mazda CX-9 w/ 15,000 miles.
One owner 1994 Mazda RX-7 w/ 24,000 miles bought new Dec 1993. Lots of reliability and performance upgrades. ~380-400 BHP.
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD bought new Jul 2014

Others:

New 1980 Mazda RX-7. My first hand at import tuning. Increased HP by 50% to 150 BHP w/ Rotary Engineering's Dual 48 DCD Weber kit, upgraded fuel system and full exhaust to remove the thermal reactor. 1" drop higher spring rate coils, thicker/adjustable anti-roll bars, 13" Enkei wheels w/ 205/55 tires. Drove that car like I stole it for over 120,000 miles. Other than routine maintenance, I only replaced a clutch assy, water pump, coolant sensor and battery. Everybody told me when I bought it that it would blow the apex or side seals in less than 15,000 miles. Too bad the rockers and quarter panels rotted out. Traded it in for the 94 RX7. Guess it was more like they gave me $1,200 to take it to the scrap yard, but got a heck of a deal on the 94 and glad I got one before they stopped selling them in the US in 95.

New 2000 Mazda Millenia S Millenium Edition. Loved that car!

New 2012 Mazda CX-9 w/ 15,000 miles.
One owner 1994 Mazda RX-7 w/ 24,000 miles bought new Dec 1993. Lots of reliability and performance upgrades. ~380-400 BHP.
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD bought new Jul 2014

Others:

New 1980 Mazda RX-7. My first hand at import tuning. Increased HP by 50% to 150 BHP w/ Rotary Engineering's Dual 48 DCD Weber kit, upgraded fuel system and full exhaust to remove the thermal reactor. 1" drop higher spring rate coils, thicker/adjustable anti-roll bars, 13" Enkei wheels w/ 205/55 tires. Drove that car like I stole it for over 120,000 miles. Other than routine maintenance, I only replaced a clutch assy, water pump, coolant sensor and battery. Everybody told me when I bought it that it would blow the apex or side seals in less than 15,000 miles. Too bad the rockers and quarter panels rotted out. Traded it in for the 94 RX7. Guess it was more like they gave me $1,200 to take it to the scrap yard, but got a heck of a deal on the 94 and glad I got one before they stopped selling them in the US in 95.

New 2000 Mazda Millenia S Millenium Edition. Loved that car!

mazdman, (pics)? I NEED to see that RX-7

Actually it's a 1995 Eclipse GSX.

BTW, how do you insert the actual images in the post?

The only thing I get when I click on the image button, is a URL prompt, so I used advanced mode and uploaded the pics.

These are just some pics I found quickly. If I get a chance I'll take some better pics of the RX7.

Actually it's a 1995 Eclipse GSX.

BTW, how do you insert the actual images in the post?

The only thing I get when I click on the image button, is a URL prompt, so I used advanced mode and uploaded the pics.

These are just some pics I found quickly. If I get a chance I'll take some better pics of the RX7.

a lot of us use a site like PhotoBucket that hosts the photo for you. You upload it, it gives you a direct link to copy, and then you insert it into the post when it prompts you. Or do all the above steps with the brackets

Also, YUP, definitely love your FD, i'm jealous of your garage! also, seems like you like white, lol

Thanks for the help w/ pics.

I'll give it a shot.

As far as white, it just kinda happened. Silver is also one of my favorite colors.

My first STI was WRB, which I loved, but when it got totaled by a deer, I couldn't find any within a couple hundred miles, so I got a white one.

Also, in my own opinion, I think the FD looks best in white & I've only ever seen one other factory white one in the last 20 years!

Thanks for the help w/ pics.

I'll give it a shot.

As far as white, it just kinda happened. Silver is also one of my favorite colors.

My first STI was WRB, which I loved, but when it got totaled by a deer, I couldn't find any within a couple hundred miles, so I got a white one.

Also, in my own opinion, I think the FD looks best in white & I've only ever seen one other factory white one in the last 20 years!

URL]

I give up!

I tried it both ways you mentioned and either get a generic small pic icon using the drop down or what you see above doing it manually.

DUH! Figured it out finally!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've been a Mazda junkie for quite some time now. I've always liked cars that weren't just every day run-of-the-mill vehicles. My first car was a 1982 Saab 900S, and for the most part I've kept away from the Hondas, Toyotas, and Chevrolets. Sadly I can have only one Mazda at a time, and for now the CX-9 is it. But here are some pics of the Mazdas of yore....

Mazda 6:
MazdaHoover3TM.jpg

Mazda 3:
PICT3220.bw.mix.jpg

Mazda MX-5 PRHT:
2008%2BPRHT.jpg

Mazda MX-5 Sport:
2006%2BMiata%2BSport.jpg

Mazda RX-8 GT:
2007%2BRX-8%2BGT.jpg

Last edited:
Back