Need a few questions answered Nascop5's Mazda Protege5 Build

I see what you are talking about but I want to keep full use of the trunk. Its one of the reasons I got the car. Practicality. Is there a bar that is a quick release?

Yeah. I don't plan on doing any power adding modifications til I'm out of college however. That's a long way off. When I'm out of college this becomes project: experiment-1 and I'll get a fiesta ST or Focus RS or one of my dream cars Hellcat Charger/Challenger and keep them stock. I do want to so some modernization modifications. i.e. Touchscreen Headunit, tints,MS3 rims, Black the rest of it out, HID's, and a few handling mods like new performance grade tires, sway bars, strut tower bar and maybe coil-overs probably just coils however. Right now I'm just waiting on a few answers for how much the stock amp provides in wattage power as I really want to get these speakers in my car. I don't want to add a sub just nicer kicker door speakers. I know that if I want to add the electronics I want to the car I will need to get a slightly more powerful Alternator. I'm quite scared to just stick the speakers in there as I don't want to blow them out and be left with dud's that were once worth 40$.

Yeah. I don't plan on doing any power adding modifications til I'm out of college however. That's a long way off. When I'm out of college this becomes project: experiment-1 and I'll get a fiesta ST or Focus RS or one of my dream cars Hellcat Charger/Challenger and keep them stock. I do want to so some modernization modifications. i.e. Touchscreen Headunit, tints,MS3 rims, Black the rest of it out, HID's, and a few handling mods like new performance grade tires, sway bars, strut tower bar and maybe coil-overs probably just coils however. Right now I'm just waiting on a few answers for how much the stock amp provides in wattage power as I really want to get these speakers in my car. I don't want to add a sub just nicer kicker door speakers. I know that if I want to add the electronics I want to the car I will need to get a slightly more powerful Alternator. I'm quite scared to just stick the speakers in there as I don't want to blow them out and be left with dud's that were once worth 40$.

If you aren't even installing subwoofers, then you don't need another alternator...

If you are concerned with your speakers going bad, then you need a proper amplifier.

Hey I've been looking at FWD honda engines do you think it'd be easier to do a H22A swap or get the KJ? I'm sure I'd need to do stand alone wiring for both anyone but one is N/A and fits in my honda m8

Hey I've been looking at FWD honda engines do you think it'd be easier to do a H22A swap or get the KJ? I'm sure I'd need to do stand alone wiring for both anyone but one is N/A and fits in my honda m8

You won't be able to mate the Honda engine to your Mazda trans.. There might be a bellhousing adapter available but I doubt it. Many Honda engines are backwards compared to the P5 too, the engine is mounted on the drivers side, Mazda is on the passenger. It'd be a lot of work, custom motor/trans mounts, axles, shifter rods, and wiring. I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze on that one.

The best bang for the buck/time is just to turbo the FS.. You can reach 200hp relatively easily and turbos are a ton of fun...

Why would you disgrace the Mazda with a Honda engine? :p

It honestly sounds to me like you just want to be different and give yourself more trouble than necessary, and I can tell you don't have much experience in this subject. I would start with things that are easier to do and get the experience with things people can help you out on your first time doing something custom.

Yeah.... Your kinda right but after looking into it, I really like the 2l currently in there it's really nice and responsive and I love the sound of it in my friend's P5 He has a Megan Racing Exhaust and I can guarantee you I will be purchasing that. I've heard that adding a CAI or SRI with a decent Tune ends up providing a nice amount of power. I've proceeded with buying a Front Strut Tower Bar and Have yet to actually receive it. It doesn't look like I'm getting coil overs anytime soon. I want to be different but I also want it to be better over all. I really want to find a way to get more power from the engine without FI at least for now. Unless I can find a MSPprotege at a pick and pull that still has the engine, Turbo Requirements, and Transmission. I have a friend who has engine swapped a few cars in his time who has all the tools necessary to make it happen but I don't want to spend too much money on the car quite yet. Is there an ECU Flash that provides a good tune on a website like ebay or Amazon?

Yeah.... Your kinda right but after looking into it, I really like the 2l currently in there it's really nice and responsive and I love the sound of it in my friend's P5 He has a Megan Racing Exhaust and I can guarantee you I will be purchasing that. I've heard that adding a CAI or SRI with a decent Tune ends up providing a nice amount of power. I've proceeded with buying a Front Strut Tower Bar and Have yet to actually receive it. It doesn't look like I'm getting coil overs anytime soon. I want to be different but I also want it to be better over all. I really want to find a way to get more power from the engine without FI at least for now. Unless I can find a MSPprotege at a pick and pull that still has the engine, Turbo Requirements, and Transmission. I have a friend who has engine swapped a few cars in his time who has all the tools necessary to make it happen but I don't want to spend too much money on the car quite yet. Is there an ECU Flash that provides a good tune on a website like ebay or Amazon?

Protege5 should come with a front strut bar stock.

Protege5 should come with a front strut bar stock.

This.

All of these little things like Intake, exhaust, etc. add a very little bit of power, and honestly are not worth the money compared to what you can get. If it is at your level of expertise, then I would go for it, but if you are just going to pay someone else to put it in then it isn't worth the money.

Luckily, these cars share the same wiring harness as a mazdaspeed protege and similar to the MP3. So if you want to stay N/A, you can get your ECU flashed by SpicyMSP on this forum for like $150 and have a nicer tune on your car.

This.

All of these little things like Intake, exhaust, etc. add a very little bit of power, and honestly are not worth the money compared to what you can get. If it is at your level of expertise, then I would go for it, but if you are just going to pay someone else to put it in then it isn't worth the money.

Luckily, these cars share the same wiring harness as a mazdaspeed protege and similar to the MP3. So if you want to stay N/A, you can get your ECU flashed by SpicyMSP on this forum for like $150 and have a nicer tune on your car.

not to threadjack but do you mean the msp ecu? or stock p5 ecu
trying to learn a little more about power gains while n/a

I'm talking about a Front Tower Strut bar that connects to the very top of the suspension housing which keeps the coils compressed that is located under the hood of the car. If those come with the car stock then the previous owner must have taken it off for some weird reason, they did black out a few things on the car along with adding MS3 pedals and other little accessories.....

What kind of power/responsiveness gains would I be looking at from the ECU flash. I've read up on people swapping their p5's ecu for a mp3's and gaining like 10hp at the wheels AND better fuel economy on the highway.

Yup u gain ~10 hp and better fuel economy but u have to run 91 octane to get the benifits. The good about the mp3 ecu is that if you don't run 91 power goes down to stock levels so if ur struggling or u lend your car to someone and they put 87 in the car the car will still run fine

not to threadjack but do you mean the msp ecu? or stock p5 ecu
trying to learn a little more about power gains while n/a

Yes, all proteges accept each others ECUs. MP3, P5, MSP, etc.

I'm talking about a Front Tower Strut bar that connects to the very top of the suspension housing which keeps the coils compressed that is located under the hood of the car. If those come with the car stock then the previous owner must have taken it off for some weird reason, they did black out a few things on the car along with adding MS3 pedals and other little accessories.....

Yes, protege5s come with a strut bar, not sure about all the sedans. You have the wrong definition of what they do. They provide more rigidity in the chassis, they don't compress the springs. Go look at google images, im sure you will see a ton of examples. These come up for sale quite often for very cheap.

I know they don't keep the coils compressed, I was talking about the part of the suspension they connect to. There is a cap that keeps the suspension compressed back by two nuts at the top. I have seen a few strut tower bars on ebay for like 20$... Are these something I should be staying away from? I don't feel like having it snap mid corkscrew at mazda speedway.

Back