Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

I called my parts guy and he said that the one that is listed as an option on the 16 is not a good remote starter and that the distance is not good for starting. Take that with a grain of salt. He said the $450 installed one he quoted me is a mazda made starter but not the one on the build and price site. He mentioned it was a 2nd line remote starter but not sure if he meant that was the name of it or just referred to it as that. He said I would still need to carry 2 FOB's and the opening of the door would shut the vehicle off.

we will see which dealer in the area meets the Truecar. The dealers we have gone to so far say nothing off MSRP and they don't even bother to take our info or are super reluctant to open any 2016 cars up to even sit in.

I actually went to Edmunds.com to build the car and they have a "price promise" similar to Truecar. The Edmunds price was about a thousand dollars lower than Truecar. Try running the numbers on that site and then it can email any of your local dealers for that price.

I actually went to Edmunds.com to build the car and they have a "price promise" similar to Truecar. The Edmunds price was about a thousand dollars lower than Truecar. Try running the numbers on that site and then it can email any of your local dealers for that price.

Oh yeah? I will check that out now. Thanks man!

Thanks for posting. I got an edmunds quote of 29554 (with destination) on a 2016 GT FWD in white with tech package. That is about $1000 off MSRP

For some reason Edmunds won't list the Regional Fees for my area that True car lists as over three hundred dollars. I will have to print it out and see what the dealers say. Thanks again!

Thanks for posting. I got an edmunds quote of 29554 (with destination) on a 2016 GT FWD in white with tech package. That is about $1000 off MSRP

The Edmunds Price Promise is solid, however you're very likely going to be able to do better by negotiating with the internet sales managers at the dealerships near you. Create a bidding war until they won't budge any further.....that way you'll have a firm price even before walking into the dealership and before discussing trade-in / financing.

I ended up getting $2,000 below MSRP (includes $500 military rebate) for a 2016 Grand Touring AWD w/ Tech Package yesterday following this strategy.

I followed the majority of the internet sales manager strategy found in this link....it ended up being pretty easy, stress-free, and fun honestly:

http://www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml

Yeah Edmunds would not give me a regional fee either but they ended up emailing me with a promised price for the car anyhow from a local dealer that still managed to be a thousand under MSRP. Not really sure how this works?

The Edmunds Price Promise is solid, however you're very likely going to be able to do better by negotiating with the internet sales managers at the dealerships near you. Create a bidding war until they won't budge any further.....that way you'll have a firm price even before walking into the dealership and before discussing trade-in / financing.

I ended up getting $2,000 below MSRP (includes $500 military rebate) for a 2016 Grand Touring AWD w/ Tech Package yesterday following this strategy.

I followed the majority of the internet sales manager strategy found in this link....it ended up being pretty easy, stress-free, and fun honestly:

That's a good price on a 2016. I like your strategy. And I'm also optimistic of my prospects seeing there is room on the 2016s.

I contacted dealers online a few months ago attempting to do this type of thing as I have heard it work well for some. I just felt like it was going no where. Either I would receive no answer or I was asked to come into the dealer. I am going to write up a paragraph and try the email thing again but I would have liked to make a decision by tomorrow so not sure if I can make this work.

When you guys post the price you got the car for, this is before state taxes, fees, dealer fees, destination, etc etc?

Well it looks like I will not be getting a 2016 after all. The annoying wife is basically forcing me to get the 2015 because of the deal they are offering. We will see how this goes. Very annoyed(chair)

Well it looks like I will not be getting a 2016 after all. The annoying wife is basically forcing me to get the 2015 because of the deal they are offering. We will see how this goes. Very annoyed(chair)

Can you not wait until the incentives come out? Isn't it usually in a couple of months?

(whip) My wife would have likely wanted the same thing - that's why I took off and surprised her with it before she got home from work. Easier to ask forgiveness then permission! :)

Last edited:

Is she going to be in/driving the car? You could tell her about the improvements in road noise. Then there are the upgrades to get the navigation and lights to be similar. Maybe if she drove both years she would see the improvements?

Or wait as long as you can to see if those email negotiations come through.

Arrgghh. Just noticed a crack in my windshield from a rock it's about 16inches long on the passenger side about a 3rd the way up. Great. I'm worried the windshield guys won't have OEM shields available. Funny thing is this exact same thing happened after I bought my 2010 Mazda 3. I opted to get that chip gel filled. Not this time. Damn.

Just a quick question for those that have the OEM remote start from Mazda. Is it a two way remote? I am just curious on the distance you need to be to the car to remote start.

Thanks

Pretty sure it is, you push the button on the remote to start the car, car starts, car sends a confirmation to the remote to let you know it started. Otherwise, the remote will tell you it could not start the car.

I called my parts guy and he said that the one that is listed as an option on the 16 is not a good remote starter and that the distance is not good for starting. Take that with a grain of salt. He said the $450 installed one he quoted me is a mazda made starter but not the one on the build and price site. He mentioned it was a 2nd line remote starter but not sure if he meant that was the name of it or just referred to it as that. He said I would still need to carry 2 FOB's and the opening of the door would shut the vehicle off.

The Mazda remote start I have was the one from the build and price website for the 2015's. The range is pretty crappy if you don't have a clear line of site to the vehicle.

aaiwani, can't thank you enough for posting this. I've reached out to 14 Mazda dealers in my area. So far I've received a bid for $1000 below invoice (before any Mazda incentives) on a '16 GT AWD w/ Tech and i-ACTIV. Up until this point, the best I could manage was price at invoice. I've now circled back to the dealers that I had contacted before using this technique to inform them of a competing offer. Hopefully I can get even lower.

I also received a quote where a salesman sent a copy of the invoice paper (on a '16 GT AWD w/ Tech only). I can confirm this paper because another dealer showed it to me as well (but I wasn't thinking to write down what I saw). Since I have it now, I thought I'd pass along some info for baselines. E-PLAN (employee price) is shown as 4% below invoice. And S-PLAN (supplier pricing) is at invoice. Hope that info helps someone to know what a potential floor for pricing is before any incentives. I know that I'm going to use it.

I wonder if Mazda Mobile Start will be an option on '17 CX-5s and a replacement for the current remote start option? or maybe a mid-year option change?

This is from Edmunds article on the 6.

"On automatic-equipped cars, remote door locking is possible via the optional Mazda Mobile Start smartphone app service."

EDIT: It shows up as a port installed option here. I wonder if this will be backwards compatible with previous years?

Last edited:
Back