interested in cx 9

megawatt

:
06 Nissan Altima 3.5
Hello! I'm new here and this is my first post. I have been looking for a cross over for awhile now. What I really wanted was a Subaru Outback but I have 2 kids and 1 on the way. I need something bigger and the cx 9 from reviews appears to be a little different from other cross overs. Different in a good way. (sportier, looks, fun to drive). My few concerns are 1 the fuel mileage is lower than comparable vehicles, 2 what is the reliability (I'm looking at a 2010 Touring AWD), 3 ground clearance (how much) I live in the country along a dirt road that gets muddy at times, snow and ice on my 33 mile commute. How does it perform in snow, mud, and ice? I know these are a lot of questions and hopefully make sense. (It after 1am and rest of family is sleeping so I'm getting this done in peace!)

I have a 2012 fwd and it is ok. It is fun to drive if you manually shift it but the fuel mileage sucks 15/17 city and 22/24 highway for me. I have gotten 26 highway a few times but only on long trips 75miles plus. I live in AZ so no snow for me but from some reading on here look at the transfer case issues. Good luck with your search!

Hey there megawatt! I've heard good things about the CX-9 in the snow, and have had a good (albeit brief) first encounter with snow since I've gotten my 2014. Handled quite well. If you're in an area with a lot of snow, snow tires would be a good upgrade as well. I hear (from Car and Driver's long term test, as well as other forum members) that the vehicle is quite handy with the proper shoes on.

The mileage is on par for the 2010 model year for a 3 row seating SUV. If you look back at comparison tests, it's right in the middle/low end of mileage. Nowadays, even though it's only ~5 years later, the mileage seems pretty mediocre. Subaru's will definitely get you better mileage, but I didn't like the CVT or remarkably blah interior for a similar price when I was test driving 2014's.

Ground clearance is listed at about 8.0", but the lowest part is the exhaust system (where the measure is take from) so there is actually a little more along the outsides at the rocker panels. It's definitely not a 4Runner, but again, about par for the class.

Back