What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Drove out to a southern Chicago suburb last night and scooped up a brand new full set of WeatherTech molded floor mat's in the box for the CX-9 for only $50! Score!

Drove out to a southern Chicago suburb last night and scooped up a brand new full set of WeatherTech molded floor mat's in the box for the CX-9 for only $50! Score!

Awesome, you'll love them.

For some reason, I haven't put them in this winter yet, but they are usually in by now. I better do that this weekend!

Sweet grab @monoxidechild! That was the first "mod" for my new nine and I love them. Already had snow that they've protected the floors from, in addition to super easy to clean :)

There the molded floor liners by Weather Tech. They were already on my "To Buy" list, But wasnt really looking to spend the $200 on them new. If Amazon took Paypal, i would have already purchased there Cargo Liner this morning to match. lol

Another little Erk i have is the hood prop. Something this big, and higher end really shouldnt have a flimsy hood prop. So ill probably be buying a set of hood struts this afternoon also. All my other car's have them, and being in a car without one just feels old fashioned.

What I "did" to my CX-9 is more like what I didn't do to it... I haven't driven it in 9 days now :D thanks to Colorado's beautiful weather the last week and a half I've ridden the motorcycle to work every day and the wife's car when we both go somewhere, haha!

In keeping with the lounge aspect of this thread:
I get this weird sense of accomplishment when I don't need the car, like I want to push it as long as possible without driving it. Did that ever since my college car too, lol. IDK, I'm weird like that. I love driving, but not really to work. Of note, transportation this last 1.5 weeks has cost me a total of $9, thanks to fuel being so cheap and the bike getting 60 mpg.
: "Just one dollar a day, and you can get a Voldsom to work." (Read with cheesy donation voice on an infomercial) LOL!

Hey monoxide, what prop's are you going to get?

Most likely the Skokie brand they sell on Ebay. I have there Carbon FIber ones on my Mazda6 for years without any issues.

I sold off a turbo kit i had laying with no use anymore, and blew most the money on some OEM optional CX9 stuff.

Ordered up a CX9 carpeted cargo mat thats embroidered.

Mazda_CX9_CargoMatlarge.jpg

Front and rear molded mud flaps.

maQ3jiatvVEDyldbLoLAz1A.jpg

And the rubberized rear cargo tray.

$_35.JPG

974C74B45A7216A388EC3CF66FA897C5__67225_zoom.jpg

Most likely the Skokie brand they sell on Ebay. I have there Carbon FIber ones on my Mazda6 for years without any issues.

I sold off a turbo kit i had laying with no use anymore, and blew most the money on some OEM optional CX9 stuff.

Nice! Showin' the 9 some love!

Finished up all the LED stuff, hyper flash corrected :) Posted an install walk-through for the fronts as well to the How-To sub-forum.

Also this happened. Kinda mad I missed the 1k, but as a consolation prize the number is pretty geeky:
IMG_2574_zpsf5d6ce42.jpg

What I "did" to my CX-9 is more like what I didn't do to it... I haven't driven it in 9 days now :D thanks to Colorado's beautiful weather the last week and a half I've ridden the motorcycle to work every day and the wife's car when we both go somewhere, haha!

In keeping with the lounge aspect of this thread:
I get this weird sense of accomplishment when I don't need the car, like I want to push it as long as possible without driving it. Did that ever since my college car too, lol. IDK, I'm weird like that. I love driving, but not really to work. Of note, transportation this last 1.5 weeks has cost me a total of $9, thanks to fuel being so cheap and the bike getting 60 mpg.
: "Just one dollar a day, and you can get a Voldsom to work." (Read with cheesy donation voice on an infomercial) LOL!

I am the same way I like to have my vehicles as low milage if I can help it. I have a 95 f150 with 135,000 miles and looks brand new still.

I have a separate 2009 Kia Sportage i bought new i use for work, and my normal BS driving. Its almost at 235K mile's. I drive that so i can keep the mile's off my personal Mazda's. The wife on the other hand has already been racking up the miles on her CX9.

4 days of ownership

$600 OEM Towbar and Harness Installed at home (instructions said 50mins for the bar and 30mins for the Harness, took me abit longer :) on my own, 2.5hrs and abit of bloody loss, all in )
$17 Rear Blower Resistor replace

Laughed out loud at the steelership parts department wanting $550 for roof bars.....
Ordered LED Interior Lights Ebay
Ordered Silcone Key covers for me and the wife Ebay
Booked in for Tinting Local in Sydney
Searching for Brakes and Pads / Roof Mount DVD

Cheers

4 days of ownership

$600 OEM Towbar and Harness Installed at home (instructions said 50mins for the bar and 30mins for the Harness, took me abit longer :) on my own, 2.5hrs and abit of bloody loss, all in )
$17 Rear Blower Resistor replace

Laughed out loud at the steelership parts department wanting $550 for roof bars.....
Ordered LED Interior Lights Ebay
Ordered Silcone Key covers for me and the wife Ebay
Booked in for Tinting Local in Sydney
Searching for Brakes and Pads / Roof Mount DVD

Cheers

Glad to know stealerships are the same no matter where you are in the world... I guess there is something to be said for consistency! (rolleyes) As far as roof bars go, if you're just looking at cross-bars it should be around $120 USD, and for a combo around $400 USD off of eBay.

Slapped my front and rear mud flaps on the CX9 last nights, along with installing the WeatherTech floor mats. I was going to install the rubberized rear cargo mat, but i didnt feel like unhooking my sons Recaro child seat. So ill probably do that next weekend.

My Silver ' 13 is about 2 weeks old now. Have added Curt tow hitch, OEM roof rack with cross bars, Weathertech front mats and cargo mat. Also had exterior waxed and added pinstripe and thin door edge guards. Lastly, changed out tires for Bridgestone Ecopia 422s.....like night and day difference. Will post photos soon but vehicle looks like it should now. Only thing I really want to add is a quality aftermarket Fog Light Kit, ie, Hella, that will look stock in the cutouts.

Nice! Sounds like some great improvements @memphisj... Were those Ecopia's coming from the Dueler HL 400's (O.E. Tire)? Everyone says the Dueler's are crap, but I'm going to let mine wear down some I think before I swap them out. Can't justify the price of replacement yet on completely new tires...

yes, they were Dueler HL 400's with lots of tread left. I simply couldn't stand feeling every crack in the road and the road noise with a fairly new car. I'm going to try and sell my HL's on Craigslist. This will be a company car so I can expense the tires.....otherwise I'd probably hold off.

Back