My front brake rotor/vibration issues are finally fixed!

IgoZoom

:
2012 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD, Crystal White Pearl, Bose/Moonroof
Last year I posted about my frustrating and ongoing problem with the front brakes on my 2012 CX-9. The problem started around 10k miles and the dealer replaced the rotors and pads under warranty at 16k miles. The problem was back 8k miles later and, even if I 'persuaded' the dealer to replace them again, the problem would be back in another 8-10k miles. The OEM rotors were the problem, in my opinion, and replacing them with higher-quality aftermarket rotors was the only permanent solution.

I ordered Centric Premium Rotors (about $85 each) and Centric Ceramic Brake Pads (about $70 for the front). My mechanic (and friend) charged me a whopping $75 to install them. I consider about $325 very well spent!

My CX-9 had almost 26k miles on it when the new rotors were installed. I just passed 34k miles and the brakes feel (and work) better than ever! I no longer dread pressing the brake pedal only to have my foot go numb from the intense vibration....and that's a good thing.

BTW, I'm sure there are other brands of aftermarket rotors and brake pads that perform just as well or better than those made by Centric. That just happened to be the brand that I chose and I'm pleased with the results.

Glad your problem is fixed! It's unfortunate that you had to go out of pocket for what is literally a warranty issue though. Probably wouldn't be able to get Mazda/dealership to reimburse you though...

Latest posts

Back