2016 CX-9 rear spy shot ?

avidien

Contributor
:
2013 CX-9 Touring
Screenshot_2014-11-18-21-10-39.png
What do you guys think, looks slick from the back, glad they kept the same side silhouette with the sweeping rear quarter window, always thought that was the best feature of the CX-9

I think its a Lincoln MKZ. haha.
haha, you're right, I got fooled! it is a Lincoln upon closer inspection, the Lincoln actually looks pretty good !! I'll put a request to the moderator to delete this thread, it's not the 2016 CX-9, I apologize for false alarm. Thanks.

Last edited:
MKC....

I don't think shots taken on a turntable count as "spy" shots....

Not to nit-pick, but the plate says MKX when you zoom in on it. Totally agree with a turn-table shot at a car show = not a spy shot.

Not to nit-pick, but the plate says MKX when you zoom in on it. Totally agree with a turn-table shot at a car show = not a spy shot.

Right--my bad. The Lincoln version of the Ford Edge, which is being updated. Forgot that model even existed.

Next CX9 is coming out as 2017, not 2016.
For 2016, it is CX3 and Miata. Mazda cannot possibly push out more than two new vehicles in one year.
Also, possibly 2016 Speed3 (also w/ the 2.5G-turbo to be used on CX9, making more than 300+hp/ft-lb).
Speed6 is not likely at this point.
Diesel versions will come when they are ready for US (i.e. no comprise to performance, and no urea tank).

In short, next CX9 is probably still on drawing board and in design phase. No way you could see a prototype on the road.
Above, just my opinions. I am not an insider.

Back