Red flashing light on key fob

makan.dm

:
07 cx9
Whenever i press any button on my key fob, red light flashes. I changed the battery still nothing and I can't use it from far.
Does anyone knows the problem?

I am having problems with one of my key fobs as well, it seems like the car does not recognize its there. I have replaced the battery with the correct one and still nothing.

That, unfortunately sounds like a dealer issue... Or at least a dealer phone call. If it is a re-program, I hear they charge $150-$300 for it... Stealerships --> the worst

That, unfortunately sounds like a dealer issue... Or at least a dealer phone call. If it is a re-program, I hear they charge $150-$300 for it... Stealerships --> the worst
The key locks/unlock the doors, but sometimes takes time and red light flashes on key fob whenever I press any button.

The key locks/unlock the doors, but sometimes takes time and red light flashes on key fob whenever I press any button.

Well if you're talking about when you press a button, yes the light flashes to confirm that you pressed it... If it's rapidly flashing, or flashing when you aren't touching it, I would say it's a dealer issue most likely. If it's not an issue though, and the key still works, I suppose you could just live with it.
I don't know if the 2007 had the advanced key (probably not), so I can't compare how my 2014 key works compared to the other key style.

Well if you're talking about when you press a button, yes the light flashes to confirm that you pressed it... If it's rapidly flashing, or flashing when you aren't touching it, I would say it's a dealer issue most likely. If it's not an issue though, and the key still works, I suppose you could just live with it.
I don't know if the 2007 had the advanced key (probably not), so I can't compare how my 2014 key works compared to the other key style.
It has advance key. But the problem is 1) should it flash red and 2) it takes time to respond or you have to be close to it.

Nope. I can push the button in my house, and the light will flash, even though im not close enough to my car itself to actually unlock it. So i think the red light is just a visual response to show that a button was pushed.

Whenever i press any button on my key fob, red light flashes. I changed the battery still nothing and I can't use it from far.
Does anyone knows the problem?

You mean the red dot on the fob? That indicates that the fob is transmitting. it's supposed to do that. Same way my Acura, Honda and Lexus fobs all worked (my GM did NOT do that though).

Back