Saying hi

proscriptus

:
2014 Mazda5 Sport 6MT
I just wanted to introduce myself. I took delivery of my first-ever new car yesterday, a Zeal Red Mazda5 Sport, 6MT. The last Mazda I owned was a 1984 B2000! It's replacing my thoroughly used 2004 Legacy (non-Outback) wagon, which has been a disappointment.

No mods planned, unless you count steel wheels and snow tires. Wouldn't mind getting Bluetooth installed, though.

Dave

20141020_130132_HDR.jpg

Greetings! I'm located in Vermont too. I have two Mazda5s, a 2008 and a 2012. Both bought from PJ's Auto Village in South Burlington. Both are Sport AT trim.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I took delivery of my first-ever new car yesterday, a Zeal Red Mazda5 Sport, 6MT. The last Mazda I owned was a 1984 B2000! It's replacing my thoroughly used 2004 Legacy (non-Outback) wagon, which has been a disappointment.

No mods planned, unless you count steel wheels and snow tires. Wouldn't mind getting Bluetooth installed, though.

Dave

20141020_130132_HDR.jpg
Hi and welcome. Stick to the no mods plan. The car is fine the way it is. One of the reasons why I choose this car was due to limited aftermarket support. Then my curiosity got the best of me. On my 2nd car (went from stick to auto) and swore I would NOT mod the auto - haha!.. :(

Do as I say, not as I do :p

I am about to hit one year with my 2013 Mazda5 Sport (auto). Regarding bluetooth... I recently ordered a $40 device that I am happy with (brand is Kinivo).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

From the reviews I read this one is very similar to another by Belkin but had one feature that set it apart... after original pairing, it automatically connects to your phone when you start up the car each time (apparently the Belkin requires a button push or something).

What I like about this device is it uses the auxiliary port to connect to your stereo (and the 12v outlet for power with a USB port built in). I can say that music/podcasts and listening to calls have been great. I haven't had a chance to listen to a call from the other end, but I think that aspect has been adequate (admittedly I don't have a lot of calls while driving). I mounted it (sticky adhesive) to the upper left near the gear stick so I do have a thin black wire visible (the extra cord goes into the back of that little cubby above the aux port). Small price to pay for bluetooth capability.

One other thing I bought was a mount for my phone which uses the CD slot (I don't listen to CDs so I don't mind occupying it with the mount).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

That is the extent of my "mod" abilities.

I like that. I wonder how permanent that stickum is?

There is nothing special about the adhesive pad... just one of those 3M pads. I believe it came with 2 of them. I never really touch the device so it shouldn't go anywhere, but if I needed to remove it I bet it wouldn't be too bad.

The original link I posted to it seems to rotate between Amazon and ebay (weird). I purchased from Amazon so there are lots of reviews there if interested.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think filling in the damn foglight blanks will be my first order of business, although I'm really liking some of what's happening with that Tom's Hardware build.

Back