CX-9 JDM fog light

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring Tech Package White
I was always a fan of the "JDM" yellow fog light look and finally found a bulb that was yellow enough to satisfy my needs. Hoen USA endurance bulbs. I know most people prefer the fogs to match the HIDS but I like separating the two and the fact that yellow fogs are indeed better in fog situations. They also definitely look better than the stock bulbs, that's for sure. Here's a sample during the day, once i get a chance to take a better picture during the night, I will.

1413653901964[1].jpg

Yeah, that pic doesn't really sell them for me... These look like low-power DRLs. Definitely need to see how bright they are at night.

I need to stop using my phone to take pictures but I guarantee these are the best yellow bulbs without using HIDs on the market.

That pic looks better... how much did you pay for them and where'd you buy them?

I believe stock is 55W. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't had any issues regardless.

Stock bulb is 35W. Really should use a relay power harness if you're going to use 55W bulbs.

35W? most aftermarket HID's run at 35W

but owner's manual says OEM foglight is a 55W H11 halogen type bulb :

you can get an aftermarket HID bulb into the OEM foglight houseing but you'll need to push the shroud out of the way

otherwise you'll crack the HID ceramic tube :

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123845415-2013-CX-9-foglights-without-bulb-shrouds&highlight=shroud

Last edited:
Back