improper install ? stainless steel rear bumper guard 0000-8T-N15

avidien

Contributor
:
2013 CX-9 Touring
I found a close up view of the stainless steel rear bumper guard 0000-8T-N15 online,

does this look like it was installed correctly (picture below) ?

is there suppose to be a gap like that ?

or is it suppose to be flush ? thanks in advance.

stainless steel guard.jpg

Last edited:
Simple dry fitting, then installing with the 3M tape takes about 5 minutes. Shabby install or DIY

Last edited:
It's not a great install - but with that said I bought and installed one of these myself, and had a heck of a time with it mounting flush; I have a similar (though perhaps not quite as extreme) gap on mine.

Always shoot for flush, I wouldn't be pleased with an install like that. In addition, it defeats the point some if dirt and crap is allowed to get in there. If you ever did take it off, the paint underneath would be worse for wear.

I may need to reinstall mine as well. Do you know how to remove it?

My guess is it's stuck on there with automotive emblem adhesive. So it should be similar to de-badging a car. Will require heat (some people go heat gun, I would just go hair dryer), fishing line, and goo-be-gone (acts as lubricant). You essentially run the fishing line under with a sawing motion, heating up in front of where you are as you go. Take it slow, or you just end up breaking the line a lot. Can usually peel off any excess adhesive with the goo be gone and a non-scratching tool used for trim removal.

Back