Rs-r lower spring..

:
2014 MZ2 Sport 5MT
Anyone know about RS-R Spring?
I just find from STILLEN and they are on sale. Buy this or H & R or Cork?
Please give me an advice.

RS-R 2011-2014 Mazda 2 Superdown Sus Lowering Springs (Set of 4)

For 2014 Mazda 2 [change vehicle]

$198.45 MSRP
$189.00

Provides a Lowered Stance and Improved Handling While Maintaining Comfort and Performance
Spring Rate F/R (kg/mm): 2.34 / 1.97
Drop F/R: -1.8" to -2" / -2.2" to -2.4"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RS-R 2011-2014 Mazda 2 Down Sus Lowering Springs (Set of 4)

For 2014 Mazda 2 [change vehicle]

$166.95 MSRP
$159.00

Provides a Lowered Stance and Improved Handling While Maintaining Comfort and Performance
Spring Rate F/R (kg/mm): 2.34 / 1.97
Drop F/R: -1.4" to -1.6" / -1.8" to -2"

Performance springs will not have a 2.3kg/mm spring rate. I think that might just be softer than stock, if not close to it.

That's 128lb-in in the front.

Dropping that far with that soft of a rate I wouldn't count on them being any good.

I'd go H&R personally.

Last edited:
I'll add that it didn't say anything in your previous post about them if they're linear or progressive springs, I don't know why they would publish a single spring rate if they're not linear, but if they are progressive and that happens to be the spring rate they start at(and get stiffer as they are compressed, it might not be so terrible. Not predictable like linear springs, but in line with Eibach which are linear at 137lb/in but don't drop as much as those in question above. And they're Eibachs, they know a thing or two about springs.

Just did a little google searching and supposedly RS-R is high quality in Japan. Whatever. If they knew wtf they were doing they wouldn't have the same spring rates for both 1.5in lowering springs and 2in lowering springs on a car that already has little suspension bump travel in the front. They appear to be linear based on the pics on Stillen's site.

I'd still go for H&R or Corksport springs, with CS dampers.*

The more you drop it, the higher rates are needed to keep from slamming the bump stops. Some are designed to ride on the bumpstops like the factory suspension. I measured right about 3in of droop on stock suspension at stock height, that leaves roughly 3.5in of uptravel in stock form... I'm guessing about 2.0in of that is compressing the bump stop. FWIW.

*I THINK CS has their own springs made now? I'm not 100% sure if they still package H&R with their stuff or if they're now making their own coils or not. Might want to call/email/message Derrick and ask about spring rates and drop heights. Being a strut car I'd take the higher rate and the least amount of drop so you still have usable travel in both bump and rebound.

Last edited:
Corksport's springs have been available for awhile now. Front height is similar to H&R, rear is lower. Rates are slightly lower than H&R.

Racing beat springs have the least amount of drop, and rates are lower than H&R, similar to the eibach springs. Any reason why you didn't consider the eibachs?

Back