need help on my protege5 asap

colez1

:
2002 mazda protege5
Hello I have a 2002 mazda protege5 the only things I have done to it is a cold air intake, exhaust, and a shortened suspension. The car will not turn over it will crank but not turn over I checked spark plugs and there getting spark and I can smell fuel and here the pump kick on. All ive replaced so far, cam shaft positioning sensor, o2 bank 1 sensor, fuel filter, valve cover gasket, plugs wires and coils, egr + egr gasket, cleaned intake manifold, cleaned injectors, cleaned throttle body. Ok so the problem started with I very small sputter so I thought bad gas, then it started to bog down and lose almost all power for a few seconds then catch again, then I realized that if I stayed over 3 grand (its a manual) that it did not do it and I had ro get to college so about three days in I was over three grand and it bogged down like normal and then shut off since then ive replaced everything listed above and car will not start, please I need help, suggestions

Have you read the ECU codes (it will still generate codes if it doesn't start)?

Clogged injectors? Remove the rail and using a timing light watch the spray pattern of each one.

[shrug]

I already cleaned the injecter I soaked them in techron and blew em out with air

Have you read the ECU codes (it will still generate codes if it doesn't start)?

Clogged injectors? Remove the rail and using a timing light watch the spray pattern of each one.

[shrug]

honestly it sounds like bad ignition coils but you said it is getting spark, have you checked your ground points for the electrical system? make sure they are tightly secured and clean, the timing belt may have broken do you know if it has ever been changed? how does it sound on start just like click run die or just crank sound over and over?

well fuel air and spark are what a car needs to run, it tries so it has the electrical side good and you said it has spark at the plugs, is it getting fuel to the injectors and if so are they spraying correctly? put an obd2 scanner on it and see if it has any codes if so post them here this may help us diagnose it. also could be a mass airflow sensor in some cases a failed one can prevent starting it maybe super dirty too, you said it has a cold air intake that means an oiled air filter i would get some maf cleaner spray and clean the maf and see if that helps if it has filter oil on it it can cause issues similar to a failed sensor. check and make sure your starter is turning correctly and make sure the flywheel is not damaged

What??

Make sure your ignition coils and spark plug wires are in the correct orientation.

i told him to ensure his timing belt was not broken. and i do agree check to be sure those components are hooked up for the right order

I have ill be home in about an hour and ill will tell you all the codes that come up caus thers like 10 of them but I did just find the timing belt tensioner spring was broke

I have ill be home in about an hour and ill will tell you all the codes that come up caus thers like 10 of them but I did just find the timing belt tensioner spring was broke

if it was broken there may have been too much slack in the belt causing timing to be off and a no start condition as you decribe

Last edited:
Will get all the codes in the morning and post them, theres about 10 of em

if it was broken there may have been too much slack in the belt causing timing to be off and a no start condition as youd ecribe

Back