Great Time to buy a 2014 Mazda2

DanR

:
2014 Mazda Da2
I was just looking at Edmunds rebates/incentive and they show a $2K dealer incentive and $750 owner loyalty incentive. The downside is it will hurt resale to the current owners

I was just looking at Edmunds rebates/incentive and they show a $2K dealer incentive and $750 owner loyalty incentive. The downside is it will hurt resale to the current owners

Purchased my 2014 Mazda 2 Sport Automatic June 6th and paid $13,855. MSRP $16355-$2000-$500. Best auto purchase I ever made.

I hope I can score a 2016 around that price :), how's insurance on it

insurance coverage for me is about $130 a month full coverage with $500 deductible.

For some reason my insurance went up with my last bill. Last time it was $375ish for 6 months (comprehensive w/$500 deductible), this time it was about $405. Not sure why, it's not like the car is getting newer.

^^^^
Actually according to all the articles I've read, the 2 isn't as cheap as you would expect to insure.

Mike

I'm only paying $89/month for full coverage through State Farm, fwiw. I was pleasantly surprised.

Those are good incentives, though. I only got $500 loyalty cash.

Last edited:
My insurance has gone up on the 2 over the last year or two. Claims must be higher than anticipated.

Man what does your guys' driving records look like?

My wife and I pay $130/mo for full coverage with $100/$250 deductibles for the Mazda2 and a 2010 Ford Fusion.

Claims must be higher than anticipated.

This. And, an increase in traffic violations for 2 owners.

There are too many variables to compare individual insurance rates...
I'm paying $40 a month. But, I own multiple vehicles.

Mike

Yeah, the 2 is expensive to insure. Can't say why. It would cost me $500 less a year to insure a Fiesta ST (it's a very cheap car to insure, no different than a standard Fiesta). I don't have any tickets, infractions or accidents of any kind on my record. Neither my ins company, nor the other 3 I called, could give me any reason why it's so expensive.

$396/mo up here. Mind you, my city has the highest insurance rates in the nation.

Are you kidding me!? That's ridiculous, even for a luxury car.

I currently pay $100/month for full coverage with a $500 deductible. I'm 22 years old and have no major violations. One of the reasons I switched was because it actually started out $20/month cheaper than I was paying to insure a 1997 Ford Explorer at full coverage.

I'm only paying $72/month with comprehensive coverage from State Farm! It used to be lower, except stupid Chicago speed cameras got me twice in one month.

Back