2" Straight through pipe without muffler!

jayliabellexx

:
2013 Mazda 2
Hey, so i've gone ahead and gotten a 2" straight pipe from the bolt on point taking out the muffler.

It's way too load, so i was thinking about putting a 2" - 5" straight through resonator on it?
Thoughts?

Thank you!

A resonator may get rid of some of the volume, but it's still going to sound kinda raspy. When the muffler fell off of my I-4 1.8L E30, I had a resonated 2" straight pipe and it was way too loud. I put a Thrush Turbo muffler on it and that really toned it down, while still having a rich pseudo-performance sound. They're VERY inexpensive and availible in 2" diameters and a variety of inlet/outlet configurations.

I swapped it out for a generic twin loop muffler for around $100. 2" inlet and a variety of outlets.. The one I got here is branded as HKS but I'm not too sure it is an actual HKS part, might be just the tip that's HKS.. however.. I'd say it sounds alright for the price.

In autocross, race prepped machines simply turn the exhaust straight down with a 90 degree turn. I've seen a Porsche with a six inch pipe and a turn-down, and it wasn't too bad. It may not look cool, but it will let you machine breathe.

As as custom setups go, I really like the borla pro mufflers. Very low restriction, nice tone, and not too loud.

I swapped it out for a generic twin loop muffler for around $100. 2" inlet and a variety of outlets.. The one I got here is branded as HKS but I'm not too sure it is an actual HKS part, might be just the tip that's HKS.. however.. I'd say it sounds alright for the price.

eneded up watching a "racist Mario" video from that, was funny lol

Back