Mazda 5 club

X-Tanker

:
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring
From Taiwan. That's a whole lotta 5's!
10714170_943925175623701_8201389121435671815_o.jpg

10714539_943925215623697_131350843726633093_o.jpg

You've never been to Asia huh?

Please enlighten those of us who haven't. I thought it was odd also. I've been to Japan, but there were plenty of colorful cars there - not sure if Japan counts as "Asia" in your vernacular.

Not sure why, but it seems to be an asian thing to buy only silver, black or white cars, probably because they don't like to stand out in their more homogeneous society.
And it is the same thing in Japan, but it is changing a bit more recently.
In S Korea it's not only color, but everyone seems to drive sedans.

White and silver are most popular world wide though

Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of 5's. I guess this is just for 2nd gen's only. If we started one here in Cali it's be me, Davicho & 90210.

Hey, what's with the front end of the 5 in the first picture, second row? It's a mkII (III over there?) but with no smilly face, almost looks like a mkI (II?) front.

We knew about the Taiwan club a while back. Too bad there's a language barrier. Be cool to link the two up. I also come across a small German club in passing (guy did a full interior LED mod, top notch job).

And no 1st gens?
it's there. Might need to pull out magnifying glass but look at 2nd pic, last row. Does Taiwan, being an island nation, have a strict car owner ship rules? If so, I can understand owners wanting newer car and the whole show of wealth thing.

it's there. Might need to pull out magnifying glass but look at 2nd pic, last row. Does Taiwan, being an island nation, have a strict car owner ship rules? If so, I can understand owners wanting newer car and the whole show of wealth thing.
Ha, you're right. I see 2 in the very back rows. Good eyes.

Back