Dash Lights not working after installing new aftermarket stereo

MazdaProOwner

:
Mazda Protege
Hey everyone. I hope this is the right place to post this. If not please move it to where it belongs.

I recently just installed a new aftermarket stereo into my 2002 Mazda Protege. Stupid me did what looks like a few other people did and connected the 2 orange wires together from the stereo harness. After I looked it up I disconnected them and just taped them off now. I've looked at all the fuses and they are all fine. I have some dash lights that work and dim when I turn on my lights. For instance, the defrost and A/C lights dim when I turn on my lights but nothing else. I've tried putting a jumper wire into the dimmer rheostat harness and connected the green wire and white wire, but still nothing. I've bought a new dimmer switch and its on its way, but can anyone else help me or know of anything else I can try?

Thanks,
MPO

I got the rheostat dimmer switch and plugged in. Fixed the problem. Thank god there was one on ebay. $18 :) Back in business.

Hey I'm hooking up a new stereo to my P5. Can you clarify what you did wrong? I only have 1 orange/white wire from the Pioneer harness and 1 solid orange wire from the harness that connects to the factory harness. Should I connect these or no? Thanks

I bought my receiver and speakers from Crutchfield. The correct harness and full instructions are included, as is lifetime technical support. You just plug & play - no extra wires to worry about.

Back