All New 2016 MX-5 World Premiere LIVE!

Antoine

Administrator
Mazda is unveiling the all new Miata live via YouTube and you can watch it right here...Enjoy!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ze5GPxABcMs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I'd love to know what you guys think of the new Miata after the reveal...Please post your thoughts here, thanks!

I dig the side profile for sure...Right away when they revealed it on the live stream, the side profile really caught my eye...It definitely has sexy lines but I'm not sure yet on the front and rear design...

Totally agree. I want to see it in person. Beautiful color and interior though. Still not sold on the fixed touch screen on top of the dash.

Thanks...Hmmm...Not sure if I like it or not...Got to let it set in a bit...I can see how they tried to keep the styling DNA but at the same time make it new and fresh...

ditto, I think I'll need to see it for real, from the images, I'm not crazy about the back end, hopefully it looks better in person.

I'm liking it overall. The rear is growing on me. Need more real photos & to see one in person.

Agreed that the side profile looks quite nice. & I'l liking the interior as well.

Yeah, the interior appears to be a lot more dynamic and focused than before (that said I'm not totally sold on that screen)...The same could be said for the exterior as well...It seems to me, Mazda wants the new Miata to be taken a lot more seriously than the past generations have by those who don't take the Miata seriously (that was a mouth full lol). This mentality ties into their whole brand mission now, basically...To be taken more seriously which is exactly what they should be doing and are doing with their Skyactiv technology and Kodo design language.

As for the front and rear designs...It's growing on me and like you guys said, I won't know for sure how I feel until I see it in the flesh...I can say that I love the side profile and interior look so far...I'm looking forward now to see how it performs, I hope that it also has very dynamic performance to match the new look!

Interesting to note that they revealed it in a deep rich red which they have been pushing lately...I think it's a good move, it evokes passion and excitement which Mazda certainly needs now!

Maybe the worst reveal ever for a new car. One camera angle? The 2016 Mazda MX-5 was the opening act for Duran Duran. I like Duran Duran but I fail to see the comparison between them and the new MX-5.

A much better reveal video.

He says "impossibly" referring to several design details like 10 times. If you created it how then is it impossible?

Last edited:
I prefer the Kodo design.....

shown here on top

kodo .jpg

did they abandon it for the new Miata ?

concept looks much better

kodo 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back