Thinking about trading my MSP for a more reliable Mazda3

Well I was thinking trading with someone on craigslist. Obviously I wud get the Mazda6 professional checked and diagnosed before I make up a decision.

6s don't have the best reliability, but I consider the MSP a great car. Mine has never let me down in 4 years.

I will say for as annoying as this car can be at times, there have been quite a few people who have seller's remorse after they get rid of it... Especially if they downgrade in the fun dept.

So next week I'm checking out a 2000 Lexus GS300 with 115k miles. Im pretty excited. It's pearl white with adjustable coilovers and looks real clean. I'm looking to do a straight trade with him. I'm bringing my mechanic with me to make sure the motor and trans is in good condition. Only thing that worries me slightly is repair costs and gas mileage, combined it's only at 19mpg. What you guys think?

The GS300 owner backed out so it's back to possibly trading for a Mazda 6. Right now the MSP rides smooth and is feeling reliable. Gonna check out the Mazda 6 in the next few weeks.

I had my MSP from 70K to 140K.
Only thing I had besides basic maint was the thermostat. (I also had basics done: Timing belt, water pump, belts, brakes, tires)
She was a great car!
To note I did get this car when I was in my late 20's and was not into racing it. I would get on it every now and then but nothing to crazy. Turning fast was always fun.
Sold it a couple weeks ago for a LS1 Camaro..........I miss it and am thinking about looking for an MP3 or MSP as a second car or selling the Camaro for it.
Dont get me wrong the Camaro is fast, really fast, but getting in and out of a sports car is a pain. Plus the MSP/MP3 is one of the best looking cars EVER made.

get an mp3 if you can.. all of the benefits of an msp with none of the drawbacks. they make similar amounts of power, though the msp definitely makes more torque. just less to go wrong with the mp3. they are however an order of magnatude rarer than the msp...

now that ive been on my mx3 for a while, im kind of half back to considering the msp klze lol...

Yeah I was looking into a few MP3s around my area but they got higher mileage than mine. all of them are 134k miles +. Im gonna check out a Mazda3 2.3L with 111k and a Mazda6 with 107k on Wednesday. Ill take some pics of them and see if I can get them on here.

Yeah pretty much. I'm just gonna check out these cars. That doesn't mean I'm actually gonna trade. who knows, they might be in worst condition then mine. I just have this really frustrating issue with my car. Pretty much every day or every other day the CEL starts to flash, the idle is super rough, and I have no power... it misfires. The spark plugs are new, I already regapped the spark plugs to the correct gap, the coilpacks are relatively new. the spark plug wires are new. the EGR sensor has been cleaned about a year ago. I just dont know what it is... I'm thinking it needs a carbon scrubbing cuz im assuming theres build up in the intake valves and manifold, thats causing the misfire. Ima gonna check to see if thats the problem and if it aint then Ima say Im 100% for sure gonna trade/sell.

That's an easy problem, you probably have a bad coilpack, even if it is new. If it is aftermarket I would try another one and double check your plugs and wires.

Back