Mazda 5 - throttle kick back. Help please! :-)

MickyTwig

:
Mazda 5, Sport Nav 2009.
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask a question... First time on any forum!

Recently purchased a 2009 model Mazda 5 2.0D Sport, 47K miles.
Quite often (but not always), when I've just got into 1st or 2nd gear, the throttle seems to give my foot a little kick, almost like a spring twanging. Doesn't (seem to) affect performance but just wondering what it is. A Google search indicates I may just not have the biting point quite right and I'm therefore effectively trying to unknowingly accelerate a little too hard or perhaps I'm not releasing the clutch quite quickly enough? (Perhaps the clutch isn't as forgiving as my old 1.6 Petrol Mazda 3?)
Does anyone have any insight please (while car is still under warranty :) )?
Thanks!

Thanks for replying!
We're obviously not that advanced here yet, lol!

I think though that I've just found the answer to my own question. I put "accelerator twang" into Google and found a thread on a volvo forum detailing the exact same issue; apparently it's the ABS system priming itself and is nothing to worry about. Some models do it, some don't (for whatever reason!).

Thanks again anyway!

Thanks again anyway

I would be really surprised if your 5 was not drive by wire like all of them.

Our petrol 2006/07 models had an ECU mapping problem that causes a pretty severe hiccup in 1st or 2nd that almost seems like a backfire except it is contained inside the cylinder. Fixed with a software update that decreases max power by 3 hp.

Back