LEDs For Turn Signal

ArkanDan

:
Mazda, CX-9, Touring
Wanting to change out the incandescent bulbs/lamps with LEDs. I was hoping this machine had the "old" separate flasher relay, but guess that isn't the case. It would be so easy if they had separated the flasher from the PCM or BCM or whatever board it happens to be on. Just pull the old bi-metal flasher and replace with an electronic one. Must be their affiliation with Ford. Anyway, it looks like I'll need to use the ballast resistors with the front and rear bulbs/lamps, but what happens if I put the side view mirrors on with the turn signal lamp on them? Are these equipped with the ballast resistor or does one need to be added there also? Wish I could locate a wiring diagram for this vehicle. Got one of those CD computer manuals, but that is about as much help as yesterdays paper. Anyone got any idea where a GOOD service and or wiring manual can be located and purchased? Thanks in advance for any usable replies.

I'd love to use that, but I was under the impression that the turn signal flasher was an integral part of the PCM/BCM (?) circuit board. Am I wrong in this assumption? If so, where do I find the flasher on this vehicle (2011 CX-9 Touring)? That useless CD service manual I purchased surely makes no mention of a flasher or its' location. Appreciate the reply.

worked on my Subaru with no problems. try them out and see if it works!

I've got an official Mazda Manufacturer wiring diagram book ($$$) coming. If it tells me there is a removable/replaceable flasher unit on this vehicle and where it is I will surely go that route. Makes way more sense than those resistors. I'm thinking I'm going to be SOL, but hoping not.

Series is correct if you do it yourself. and the Vleds are the way to go. Its all taken care of.

^ LED's put a different load on the system. Sometimes causing them to either flash too quickly, or even not flash at all. In cases like this, the flasher linked fixes the issues on the system.

Oh yeah. I was thinking about that. That it may not sync on the side mirror turn signal. Thanks!

^ LED's put a different load on the system. Sometimes causing them to either flash too quickly, or even not flash at all. In cases like this, the flasher linked fixes the issues on the system.

I've got an official Mazda Manufacturer wiring diagram book ($$$) coming. If it tells me there is a removable/replaceable flasher unit on this vehicle and where it is I will surely go that route. Makes way more sense than those resistors. I'm thinking I'm going to be SOL, but hoping not.

ArkanDan since you have the book coming could you try to find the part number for the day time running light module that some cars have? Sorry about the hijack!

Hey DDDonkey not a hijack just spicing up the pot. Variety is good most times. Anyway, got the book and sorry no part numbers in this thing. It's taking some getting used to, but it is a help. It's not laid out like other wiring diagram books I've used. A bit pricey for what you get I think. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the day time running lights. Isn't that a Canadian thing? I do run with my lights on day or night and just leave the switch on at all times. They shut down after a few seconds when the engine is turned off. I'm fairly new to this machine and so am still learning. I did go to the Tasca site and found some items that might be what you're looking for. Here are a couple of links. Hope they help.:

http://www.tascaparts.com/?p=catalo...all&search_str=day light running light module

http://www.tascaparts.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=td13 677mob

ANy success to this project yet? I want to use those V-leds as my turn signals in the fronts and the rears.

ANy success to this project yet? I want to use those V-leds as my turn signals in the fronts and the rears.
Got the wiring diagram book and the blasted turn lamp relay/flasher is incorporated into the BCM and it is the old style instead of the newer electronic type, which really isn't all that new. Don't know why they did that, but they did and I, for one, am not likin' it. They did route the LED ground return through the heating element in the heated mirrors. At least i didn't have to mess with putting a resistor in that circuit. I think I'll not mess with LEDs in the turn lamps unless there is a BCM available for the 2011s with an electronic flasher in it. Like the looks of the LED turns, but like the idea of using way less power to run them. That can't be done using those ballast resistors. Anyone know of a BCM for this model with a flasher that works with LEDs (without the ballast resistors) please let me know. I'll not have time to rummage around until winter sets in in earnest.

^there are no bulbs out there on the market that come even close to the vled triton leds. gotta spend to have the best available product on my car at least.

^there are no bulbs out there on the market that come even close to the vled triton leds. gotta spend to have the best available product on my car at least.

And i dont think there a replacement blinker bulb that cost anywhere near as much either. lol For $145+ shipping for just blinkers, ill pass. I could understand dropping that kind of coin on something like headlights which are used most of the time. But no way in hell on something that is only used a few seconds at a time.

Back