FS: MP3 ECU - Genuine OEM (Not Flashed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MazdaSpeeder

:
Protege5 (5-spd)
FS9N-18881-C. This is not a reflash, it is the genuine original. I have one in my car, and it is hands down one of the best mods I have done. It smooths out the power band, the engine pulls harder and it makes an even bigger difference as you add more mods. The P5 should have come with one of these from the factory! It will run on any 01-03 Protege/Protege5 with a manual transmission, and 91 octane or higher is necessary to get the full performance.

SOLD shipped anywhere in the USA. PM for paypal info.

OEMMP3ECU-1.jpg

OEMMP3ECU-2.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question!!!

Not smart with ECU's at all, however I know the basic thing which is the MP3 ECU only works on Manual P5's (which i own). My question is, is it a direct swap? I ask because on SpicyOrangeMSP's reflash thread he has a link to instructions that mention a UniChip and i wasnt sure if that was just for MSP's or not.

Quick question!!!

Not smart with ECU's at all, however I know the basic thing which is the MP3 ECU only works on Manual P5's (which i own). My question is, is it a direct swap? I ask because on SpicyOrangeMSP's reflash thread he has a link to instructions that mention a UniChip and i wasnt sure if that was just for MSP's or not.

Yes, it is a direct swap. It doesn't matter if its a reflash or genuine ECU, they both do the same thing and require nothing more than unhooking your battery for a bit.

not going to ask you to explain but do you by chance know a link that could explain the benefits of this in an N/A p5?

Don't have the tech details handy, but the ECU changes timing (makes it a little more aggressive) and a few other things and this adds more HP and torque. But it also smooths out the power band quite a bit...when you really get on it, the car pulls much more smoothly. You can definitely feel a difference as soon as it is installed. It's a great foundation mod...adding intake and exhaust only magnifies the benefit.

awesome thanks for the quick reply. this is something ill be doing as soon as i get some funds up. im what i call a tax season tuner lol a 10 month old and a wife tend to eat up most the dough i have lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back