cx7 diesel SCR Malfunction

Loz

:
cx7 diesel 2010
Getting a SCR malfunction alarm and low adblue level warning when I know adblue tank level is almost full.
anyone else had this problem or have thoughts on how to fix.

I participate in another forum with the nickname carlosCX7 mazda and it seems that this error, in most cases is solved by reprogramming the control module of the SCR (the program for you to do it on the official service mazda 5 minutes). You include the URL where we treat the error.

http://www.clubmazda.es/foros/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=31455

Although the forum is in Spanish, I hope you helps.

By the way, do you have a type forscan application (free for PC) or torque (for Android) and you can indicate here the error code gives?. With these applications you can check the status of your car very easily. I have the Forscan application Forscan and is an authentic beauty.

The forum forscan application is this:http://forscan.org/forum/

A greeting.

Last edited:
Help.....
i I have the same problem for the last month with SCR Malfunction after running low of Adblu when the car was due for 50000 mile service. So had the full service and Mazda dealer topped it up. It always takes at least two days or 100 miles for the adblu tank to show 4 circles or full again. A few days later.... SCR Malfunction is back on. I took it into Mazda dealer who reset the system and it disappered this time for 250 miles. Then its back again showing 520 miles.. Its in the first limp mode I can still do 80mph but by the time it reaches 250 miles left its slowed to 60mph max. Then suddenly after a car wash it resets and is totally fine showing 4 circles full Tank. A few days later the problem re-emerges and is now a permanent intermmittant fault.

Visiting my dealer for the 3rd time today. They took a look reset the system. Then came the bombshell. We think you need a new SCR control unit. We'll speak to Mazda HQ. But prepare yourself the cost for a replacement unit is 968!!!!! HOly s*** this car is only 4 years old WHAT GIVES?? Any advice most appreciated.

Not prepared to cough up as Mazda don't seem to have a clue!!

What happened Matt?

Help.....
i I have the same problem for the last month with SCR Malfunction after running low of Adblu when the car was due for 50000 mile service. So had the full service and Mazda dealer topped it up. It always takes at least two days or 100 miles for the adblu tank to show 4 circles or full again. A few days later.... SCR Malfunction is back on. I took it into Mazda dealer who reset the system and it disappered this time for 250 miles. Then its back again showing 520 miles.. Its in the first limp mode I can still do 80mph but by the time it reaches 250 miles left its slowed to 60mph max. Then suddenly after a car wash it resets and is totally fine showing 4 circles full Tank. A few days later the problem re-emerges and is now a permanent intermmittant fault.

Visiting my dealer for the 3rd time today. They took a look reset the system. Then came the bombshell. We think you need a new SCR control unit. We'll speak to Mazda HQ. But prepare yourself the cost for a replacement unit is 968!!!!! HOly s*** this car is only 4 years old WHAT GIVES?? Any advice most appreciated.

Not prepared to cough up as Mazda don't seem to have a clue!!

What happened please Matt? I have the exact same thing going on with mine right now 😬

Last edited:
Has anyone else been able to resolve the SCR Malfunction? My Mazda dealer quoted $5,100 for a new AdBlue tank!

Hi Matt, have you been able to fix the SCR Malfunction? I've the same issue but can't justify $$$$ to get it repaired especially when Mazda can't guarantee it won't happen again.

Back