"Mazda5 to be phased out for U.S. in 2015." - Automotive News

the 3 series wagon would been the ultimate hipster dad machine, but DAMNIT there is NO room in the rear. NONE. It's like they don't want you to raise a family with it cuz toddlers would be booting the hell of your seatback. Ditto to the TSX wagon, the trunk space is almost useless due to the narrow rear and low rear roof line. (I think all of us m5 owners have test-driven the exact same cars before buying the m5).

E39, 540i manual wagon would be great, but too old these days..... for kids/family (for me).

I love the current E350 wedge design, but hate the no manual, and hate that there is no 550 motor. Not all of us want to dump 100K for a AMG wagon, where the kids will ruin it.

Mid grade performance wagon would be nice *yes I know CTS-V is answre to all things* :p

Last edited:
E39, 540i manual wagon would be great, but too old these days..... for kids/family (for me).

I love the current E350 wedge design, but hate the no manual, and hate that there is no 550 motor. Not all of us want to dump 100K for a AMG wagon, where the kids will ruin it.

Mid grade performance wagon would be nice *yes I know CTS-V is answre to all things* :p
that 550TT motor is a effin BEAST man. I messed with an E550 in my tuned E55 wagon and it basically ran neck-to-neck. Thought it was just another W212 and I was like: WTF just happened.

Didn't drive the CTS-V, only the CTS, and it felt cheap (thought interior is "attractive" enough). the CTS-V's interior is also complete garbage as well, and again, with no trunk space, zero visibility out the rear. With MB's depreciation, '13 W212T E63 P30 can be had for $82K, with warranty good until 2018. I think that's ~600lb of tq? Gotta figure out a way to work an "Armenian" lease deal come Jan '16 for when all the '13s come off lease.

Of note, C63 4.0TT AMG estate is coming and it sounds raw.

I'm not going to miss the m5 at all.

If you can get me a Los ANgeles Armenian deal, hook a brotha up!!!!!!

I went and looked at a Chevy SS to replace my MS3. Man the interior is horrendous. However, sedan was great.

I don't care about the rear visibility on the CTS-V wagon. I had an Exige for year, so anything is better than that.

CTS-V interior, horrible by Audi standards, is AMAZING by Chevy SS sedan standard, if you can believe it.

DIdn't know the C Class estate is coming.

I'm not going to miss the m5 at all.
Agree!

I have it for the current need only. One of the guys that work for me, has two kids now, 6 and 8. He traded in his DD M3 for a 911 Turbo. Kids are perfect in the back.

UGH 3 more years! SIGH

I haven't heard the TT Benz motors. One of the guys here at hte office had a CLS63 AMG, BOY that sounded amazing. He sold it for a G63 AMG.

Man I pay these fockers way too much!!!!

It sounds premature to be updating all of the interiors, but honestly I think they need it. As good as they look, they feel cheap. The 6 needs some tweaks here and there to really maximize potential. Same with the 3. These cars both hit and exceed $30K. The feel just isn't there for that kind of money.

The Mazda 5 may be done, but I'm also hearing that a lot of what is being said in the linked article is hearsay and not accurate, even the Speed3 rumor. Until I see more reliable information, I'm taking this article with a grain of salt.

When I read the articles I looked for a new Sport MT and found they're mostly gone within 200 miles of me. So I asked a friend in the wholesale business about a spotless '12 he just got with 43k on it and a squeaky-clean carfax (religiously dealer serviced). We didn't talk price but he gave it to me for a day, and I was impressed how tight it was and fun to drive. Although I've driven several new ones as test drives over the last few years, nothing beats running a few gallons of fuel through a car on roads you drive every day or backroads you use for no apparent reason.

I agree with a lot of reasons given for the 5's demise, but have been interested in one as a cheap, fun to drive hauler for renovating my home, in car restorations, and if my snowblower needs service I don't want to mess with. I would remove the third seat as I'd never use it.

I stopped into a Mazda dealer where I've shopped before and spoke to the internet manager I know, inquiring about getting a fresh car with a warranty. He called the GM who came in and showed me that they have allocation for cars through the rest of the year, at least. I gave him a deposit for a silver one, at invoice minus prevailing rebates. He said I'd probably be at about $17k + tax. If that's accurate, I'll probably do Katzkin on the 4 buckets, cover a lot of the hard plastic with some nice German vinyl (both cheap if you can do the work yourself), add a big rear sway bar, and drive it until it isn't worth fixing.

Maybe Mazda will flake out and not ship the cars, but they're already showing up in Canada:

http://www.autos.ca/car-test-drives/test-drive-2015-mazda5/

I tried to buy a 2014 Mazda3 back in April when it was time to replace my (gasp thaxman) Mitsubishi Mirage. It was a good car starter car. Drove (and still does) decently. 290k and still going for the person I gave it to.

I ended up with a 2014 Hyundai Elantra. The E won out on interior space/design over the 3. The 3 did not have much more interior room than the Mirage. The screen sticking up on the dash, dumb. The all black interior, ugly. The 3 hatch was even smaller. Though my E has a 1.8L, it's a lot of fun to drive with the 6-speed MT. No regrets.

New Miata was revealed last night. I'm suddenly OK w/ the 5 getting off'd.

the rear SCREAMS: I'm an Alfa knock-off. But I'm with that. This intro should drop mazdapseed5's down to 4 digits, which means it's time to pick one of these up again.

New Miata was revealed last night. I'm suddenly OK w/ the 5 getting off'd.

the rear SCREAMS: I'm an Alfa knock-off. But I'm with that. This intro should drop mazdapseed5's down to 4 digits, which means it's time to pick one of these up again.

WHat is a mazdaspeed5?

Love the ND front. Hate the ND rear. If good engine options, going to sell one of my NB and put a deposit down on a ND.

Was at subaru dealer last night, 2015 red and blue wrx is really growing on me.

I tried to buy a 2014 Mazda3 back in April when it was time to replace my (gasp thaxman) Mitsubishi Mirage. It was a good car starter car. Drove (and still does) decently. 290k and still going for the person I gave it to.

I ended up with a 2014 Hyundai Elantra. The E won out on interior space/design over the 3. The 3 did not have much more interior room than the Mirage. The screen sticking up on the dash, dumb. The all black interior, ugly. The 3 hatch was even smaller. Though my E has a 1.8L, it's a lot of fun to drive with the 6-speed MT. No regrets.

Chuckle.

The ND rear looks like it can be easily swapped into an Alfa Romeo back end, which is what will happen when Alfa sells a version of it.

I'll buy one after the 5 is paid off.

The ND rear looks like it can be easily swapped into an Alfa Romeo back end, which is what will happen when Alfa sells a version of it.

I'll buy one after the 5 is paid off.

Makes sense..didn't think about it...

Did you have a look at the Fit. Sure it cost a little more but it is a hell of a package. Timing is also good since the '14 are on fire sale thanks to the next gen '15 coming out. The '15 look like it is moving up-class into Civic territory.

I doubt it, but if they brought it with a manual transmission, that would probably be my next car.
I would like to see one too but I see zero chance thanks to CUV craze.

2015 FIT is amazing. TOo bad all the teething problems they had with it built in mexico (see FitFreaks)

2015 FIT is amazing. TOo bad all the teething problems they had with it built in mexico (see FitFreaks)
As a Fit owner, I've seen the Mexico "build" quality problems. Just further solidify why I'm glade my two cars were made in the land of rising sun (or set).

As a Fit owner, I've seen the Mexico "build" quality problems. Just further solidify why I'm glade my two cars were made in the land of rising sun (or set).

Agree, I am the biggest fan. I really hope the MX problems get solved soon. I owned a 1987 Civic Wagovan manual trans that I put 180k miles, and I owned a 1991 AWD Manual Civic Wagovan that I put 288 k miles on.

Great cars.

I looked at a transit connect yesterday, was set up as 7 passenger had a bit more room behind the 3rd row and more width in all 3 rows compared to the MZ5. Pretty basic XLT for about $27k. I like it.

I like the Transit Connect too. I'd drive one of the short wheelbase ones...IF Ford would offer it with a manual transmission. But they won't.... :(

Back