"Mazda5 to be phased out for U.S. in 2015." - Automotive News

I guess more information is expected and will be published later... I wonder if 2014 is the last model year, or if they plan to keep making it for longer (a few more months), so 2015 will be the final model year.

I picked up my new 2014 model on July 26, barely one month ago... you could say that I'm late to the party.

If they aren't going to sell it through 2015,there won't be a 2015 model. There's cost involved with certifying the 2015 model year that Mazda likely wouldn't want to incur for just a couple months of production. The 2014s will almost certainly be the last model year, though Mazda could choose to build them a bit longer than they normally would (basically build 2014s until Dec 31,2014. Normally OEMs make their model year changeovers earlier, like August /September timeframe)

Some bean counters probably pitched the thought that the CX-5 is cannibalizing on Mazda5 sales here.

According to the .pdf in the article, Mitsubishi will be once again dropping the Lancer for the Mirage nameplate. I have never liked the Mirage...Its similar to what its named for: Something you want but when you get close enough to really get a good look at it, you realize its not what you needed or wanted.

Hey, I just noticed they killed the CX-7 too? What gives? Actually, I have to wonder if that was a victim of the Ford divorce, since technically, it was Ford's kid, not Mazda's. Thoughts?
Are the new Mazda3 and Mazda6 still on the C1 and C2 platforms that came from Ford?

Hey, I just noticed they killed the CX-7 too? What gives? Actually, I have to wonder if that was a victim of the Ford divorce, since technically, it was Ford's kid, not Mazda's. Thoughts?
Are the new Mazda3 and Mazda6 still on the C1 and C2 platforms that came from Ford?

The Cx-7 was killed awhile ago, replaced by the cx-5 which is pretty much better in nearly every way. The cx-7 had many engine issues, terrible mpg and bad turbo lag. I think it was killed because it wasn't very good. All the new mazdas are on new platforms. no more ford.

The Cx-7 was killed awhile ago, replaced by the cx-5 which is pretty much better in nearly every way. The cx-7 had many engine issues, terrible mpg and bad turbo lag. I think it was killed because it wasn't very good. All the new mazdas are on new platforms. no more ford.

Except the Mazda5.

What a shame.

The CX-5 is very nice, but it's not a substitute for the Mazda5. Nowhere near as flexible inside and the handling isn't anywhere near as good IMO.

Well, I'm glad I showed up when I did. I'm planning on buying a 2014 M5 Sport manual this Friday. Wish me luck!

We all knew this was coming. I think it would of looked really good in the Kodo design.

Agreed. I would have LOVED to have seen that. Well I'm sure the Premacy will continue to be sold outside the U.S. so we will at least get to admire a Kodo Mazda5 from afar...

Back