Mazda Newbie needs links to tutorials and manuals.

Tiago

:
02 Protege 5
Hey guys! I am fixing up a 2002 Mazda protege 5 for my step mom before she sells it.

basically it was making clunks from the front and rear driver side. I've isolated the front to the driver ball joint as well as play in the sway bar link. The rear I assumed was the strut rotting out the top so I got a used piece from pick n pull. Today I found out it was just the sway bar end links. So I changed both in the rear and no longer have issues while I had the back tires off I decided to lubricate the brake slide pins, I haven't ever dealt with a parking brake on a disc setup that was not drum in hat before. So I nearly smashed the neighbors fence as the car wanted to roll as I trusted the p brake that was not properly tension-ed with the Allan key behind the 14mm bolt.

I am saying that story because it took me a great while on the googlenet to find out I needed to remove that 14mm bolt to find the allan key.. It took me a lot longer than it should have! And I know that you Master Mazda enthusiasts know where I can access this information online. I am an apprentice mechanic and like to torque things to there value but couldn't find any torque values for the brakes or end links.

Tomorrow I will be changing both front control arms(+Bjoints), end links and possibly tie rods as I ordered a kit and received all these pieces. if anyone can help me with a tutorial you would be a life saver!

Lifesaver thanks a bunch!

actually spoke to soon, why is it so hard to find a tutorial on the control arms? hell all I want is the torque values. It sucks no longer having access to prodemand and alldata :(

Last edited:
Back