Another M2 Retrofit - Tips inside

Pound

:
2011 Mazda2 sport
Hey all I just finished my retro fit, here are a few tips/tricks for those looking to take on this project.

This was my first retro-fit, turned out its really not that difficult to do.

I went with the TRS D2S 3.0 kit.

I had originally ordered the gatling gun shrouds, but the fit was way too tight and I want something that sat flush with the projector so I ordered the Flat top/bottom Apollo 2.0’s

Baking / opening headlights:

I baked them for 9 minutes at 225 deg. Grab the light right out of the oven and start to pull apart with your hands because the butyl hardens pretty quickly. You may need to break the seal in a few places with a large flat head, but I was able to pull them apart with my hands.

Do not place the headlight cover face up on anything that can peel off. The butyl is sticky even when it’s dry.

Removing amber corner:

Once you remove the parking light silver piece it slides right out. Be careful when prying out the black trim pieces from the lens, It cracks easily…Ask me how I know.

Retrofit tips:

I cut a small piece out of the silicone projector washer so it sits flush with the reflector bowl. The bulb shield connection notches out a bit. You could also just grind down the inside of the reflector.

I also chose to cut and grind down the back of the bowl so it was perfectly flat.
This way you can use the large hex locking ring instead of the flimsy round ones,

2014-07-19%2017.26.08.jpg

2014-07-19%2017.42.49.jpg

Here’s how it turned out.

2014-07-24%2008.45.46-1.jpg

2014-07-22%2020.46.12-2.jpg

I chose to leave the turn signal bowl alone for more of an OEM+ kind of look.

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back